G&G top tech spring upgrade???

Redneck

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys.....

First post.....basically I'm a noob. I've played every weekend for the last 2 months and I'm hooked! After getting my ukara I've bought a shiny new top tech t4-18. The place bought it from chronoed it at 313 fps.

Is there a spring upgrade I could do to get it closer to 350 and would this be worth it?

Cheers in advance

• Supporters

One thing to consider with this being a new gun is changing the spring may invalidate the guns warranty :(

if you want to keep the warranty (being new, and/or for peace of mind), best bet would be to ask the place you bought it from, see if they was to do the spring swap would the warranty still be valid? worst they could say would be "no that would invalidate the warranty" etc

• Supporters

on a more expensive/mid range gun and if you have no previous experience

it would be very wise to contact shop and speak to them.

a clean barrel would help a little but 313 is a little low when usually they on about 330-ish

however - that is on 0.20's I presume - had to ask just in case

I would speak to them if she was 313 brand new out of box, they might tweak it up a bit for next to nothing

(I say might - you can only ask and say you was expecting a little more from a higher end G&G)

Well If I had flogged you it I'd be inclined to consider it for cost of parts/postage to keep customer happy or

see if I have a more oomphy one in stock - thought they would of chrono'd it which they might have

and is a tough line to walk if shop sells you a gun @ 345 & your site limit is 328

It ain't bad 313 - at least it is safe to use but if you wanna use heavier bb's like .25 etc...

then you probably will wanna get closer to 350 if that is your site limit

(but some sites do operate a 328 or 340 limit so be aware if you are gonna visit other sites)

Contact shop and ask but tbh don't worry too much about that small drop - maybe in 3-6 months yeah

but some of the best TM's shoot at 300 or below and proof it ain't all about fps

if she is firing ok and your range & accuracy is good for you then leave it as is

put a few full day skirmishes through it and see how she goes

(you could get it changed and end up with a 345 gun but a lemon or not so accurate one is what I mean)

FPS is not the be all n end all to shooting well - it helps but there is lot more to a good gun that just fps is what I mean

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll give land warrior a buzz and see what they say.

Yeah, it was measured with 0.2 blasters. Don't get me wrong, I love the gun and can't really complain about the accuracy and range and I realise its not all about fps........but surely if I'm happy with everything else, the extra fps can only be a good thing right?

The extra speed is worth metres, maybe 10 metres. I haven't upgraded my T4-18 as I was trying to maintain the warranty but honestly mine needs a lot of work to its air seal and barrel to be accurate which I have been avoiding doing all winter.

Well.....I emailed LW and explained the situation, would they recommend it etc and the reply was "Hi

we do a upgrade service to higher the fps for £35"...... I replied asking if it would affect the warranty and the reply was no.

Still not sure if I did it myself or got someone local to do it then that would be ok or not or if I should go through the trauma of boxing it up and mailing it to them"............

Hmmmm, what to do........

I don't know tbh. I was hoping to have a bit more of a chat and some advice but I guess he must have been really busy because I got just a few words. I didn't want to keep mailing back if he was busy.

Every airsoft player at some point (normally early on) is faced with a choice, learn tech or not. If you don't then you will be paying others for upgrades and repairs but you also wont be spending your weekend digging through parts of your gun on the kitchen table. If you do decide to do your own teching then get a chronograph, make sure you have somewhere and something you can shoot it without wrecking your house and prepare for it to take a bit of time to get into. Once you know what you are doing you can change an M4 spring in 30 minutes, your first time will probably take 4 hours. Over a year ago I started doing my own tech, its been something I have had to do relatively frequently as I introduced various upgrade parts and fixed underlying accuracy issues but in the end I now have a gun that is more accurate than most.

Looks like your not sure about the decision, I would just say be aware its going to cost you more than the spring to do this work, because you need a chronograph to verify the change. Depending on how much work you intend to do it may or may not be cheaper in the long term.

Well......it might have to go back now anyway. Today at the end of the day, she started firing in 3 round bursts in semi and when on full either didn't fire or sticks firing in auto. I've been told it might be moisture but also the mosfet or something might be gone......great

Buy a cheap second hand m4, broken and learn to tech on it. There's endless guides and videos online to help you.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.