L119A1's

Albiscuit
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have been looking at what I can do with my M4, I have an idea of what I wanted it to look like but has kind of had different accessories thrown at it and its looking a bit frankengun right now

So..... I have decided I either want to emulate what I originally had in mind or turn it into a L119A1 as I am kind of going for a UKSF loadout anyway and use an Mp5K so a SAS look suits what I had in mind.

However, I only have a Combat Raider I dont know anything about modding guns and changing parts other than RIS add ons.

So...

1) Can a Combat raider be turned into a L119A1, ( I have been looking around and a new Barrel, Pistol Grip and Stock seem to be defining features) Can a Raider take a barrel and pistol grip like the G&P Storm grip and new barrel?

2) I have been toying with the idea of upgrading later in the year to an M4 of better quality, modability (is this a term? haha) to use as a main rifle outdoor as my raider lacks range compared to others and seems better suited to CQB, So should I wait and buy a better base weapon to turn into a L119A1?

What would you guys do? Help and advice appreciated.

As as per other threads, please post pics of your L119a1s to give a guy some inspiration :)

• Supporters

A raider can be made into an L119 in the same way a Ford fiesta can be turned into a mustang. It's technically possible but pretty impracticable.

From what I know of upgrading and it's not a lot. you could change the outer and inner barrel and the gearbox is upgradable. I also thought of this a while back and from what I gathered the better air seal you have and hop up the better the range. I seen company's doing 6.08m accuracy barrels so tighter isn't always better. If your going for power over rate of fire get a high tourqe gear set and motor and shim it properly watch YouTube.

• Supporters

Thing is though that an l119 is a very particular weapon. You'll basically be buying a lot if expensive parts and transplanting your gearbox into them.

A raider can be made into an L119 in the same way a Ford fiesta can be turned into a mustang. It's technically possible but pretty impracticable.

Basically sums up what I didnt want to believe ;)

Ok, so a better base gun is ideal? I kind of thought so, but wondered more so for the look..

Are things like barrels and pistol grips fairly universal? are there anything I need to look out for, is it best to stick to same brands or ones for particular brands (I have seen barrels describes for particular guns, does this mean they ONLY fit this guns?)

Sorry for the noob questions, but I have no one in real life to ask :ph34r:

• Supporters

Basically sums up what I didnt want to believe ;)

Ok, so a better base gun is ideal? I kind of thought so, but wondered more so for the look..

Are things like barrels and pistol grips fairly universal? are there anything I need to look out for, is it best to stick to same brands or ones for particular brands (I have seen barrels describes for particular guns, does this mean they ONLY fit this guns?)

Sorry for the noob questions, but I have no one in real life to ask :ph34r:

Once you're into a new receiver (which you will be) then you shouldn't have too many compatibility issues. The biggest problem you'll have is that not many people do the right parts for an L119 and they're both expensive and hard to find.

ok fair enough...

It seems I may be misinformed, the parts (apart from stock issues) do seems to be available However I was more trying to emulate the look more so than anything else, even if I couldnt replace the barrel it was more of a copy of images rather than an exact replica I was going for.

I know a raider is not the best platform, Im just trying to work out which direction I want to take the gun rather than keep buying and throwing accessories on it and it looking a mess, I dont think it has stayed the same for 2 skirmishes in a row :D

• Supporters

Ok that makes life a bit easier then. You'll need a 10" ish barrel but I'm not sure what the fitting is like on the front of the receiver. If it is threaded and takes a normal delta ring then it should be pretty simple. At the end of the day, it's a short M4 derivative and as you say that bit should be easy.

Another budget base gun you could go from would be the JG M733 Commando as they are cheap and cheerful, compatible with all the usual upgrades and comes with a similar style of buttstock (butt pad would still need to be found). The barrel is a tad long (11.5" iirc) but if you're changing it anyways what the hell. . .) plastic receiver again is compatible with mainstream metal ones. It has a standard gearbox (reliable but again can be upgraded) and metal M4 hop unit too. Converted mine to a XM177 with a G&P receiver, no problems fitting although the gb was a little tight in the slimmer XM body (M4 receivers have a little more space in them though!). Just an idea anyway.

• Supporters

Barrel, pistol grip, receiver, front sight, flash hider.

Apart from that it's the same as an M4.

Other than the diemaco c8 trades of course...

How does that make it an L119A1? That makes it a DMR :P

The actual c8 is made out of stronger metals or something like that apparently. The yahve different rifling twists and are supposedly more reliable.

• Supporters

The C8 has a hammer forged heavy 16" barrel, much better quality than the barrel fitted to the M4. That's one of the real defining features of the C8/L119A1, the barrel profile.

It's pretty straightforward to build an accurate L119A1 these days, no real excuse for half assing it other than cost.

• 1 year later...

Better to post here than start a new thread, I'm doing the same but want to build from the ground up, what's a decent quality blank metal receiver? Upper and lower together if possible, I've looked online but wanted to know if anyone on here had any honest reviews/opinions rather than the obviously endorsed ones that are online, cheers folks

Airsoft International did an article on L119s a while ago. If you can't find it on the internet, let me know and I'll send you some pics of it...

Think I know which one you're on about but I'm sure that article focused on TM recoils? Either way I'll send you a pm about the pics, in the meantime think I'm decided on ICS as I've found a blank metal receiver and it means I can use the split gearbox system

It would work for pretty much any CQBR gun - ideally with a blank receiver so you could get the Diemaco engravings on it. Anyway, here's the list for anyone that needs it.

FLASH HIDER: standard A2 or 4-prong Surefire FH556-216A

SUPPRESSOR: Surefire SF556

BARREL: 10" or 16"

FRONT SIGHT: standard A2 or reinforced A2 w/ filled gap, neither have a bayonet lug

HANDGUARD: KAC 7" drop-in RAS

FOREGRIP: KAC screw-on foregrip

RECEIVER: standard Colt w/ Diemaco engravings

PISTOL GRIP: 'Stowaway Storm' or standard A2

OPTICS: EOTech 552, Trijicon ACOG w/ mini Docter sight or Diemaco carry handle

STOCK: CAR-15 style with recoil pad or Magpul CTR

Hope this helps anyone.

Archived