Advice on CQB Weapon Choice

bowkanehall

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

No P90? T-Rex arms? It's a short gun but still longer than MP5 and various others suggested?

So must be an aesthetics thing, in which case kiss my Stargate ass mr moderator sir :)

• Supporters

I've tried to shoulder a P90 so regardless of how narsty looking they are, if it was a viable option for me, I'd consider it. But even with a butt pad on, to shoulder it I had to scrunch my arms up in a way that made me feel very uncomfortable.

And I'll see your Stargate and raise you Battlestar Galactica (shame there's no Beretta MX4 Storm in anything but a 90% orange really crappy LPEG - but BSG do use a G36K and iirc a pair of Scorpions).

Buy the kwa vz61 if you go for a Skorpion. GBB, 320 fps and roughly 20 rps on full auto - you'll burn through mags but have a lot of fun doing so.

The JG/TM/ASG electric ones are also a good choice if you can find a drum mag for it (300 rounds or so). Only downside is the low fps - 240 or so.

Mine is a JG skorpion. Low fps but I still surprise everybody when I hit them and I get a few funny looks with my fire pig on it haha.

Good little gun to use though.

I got it cheap too.

CQB M4 in any flavour. Length is only 680mm with stock retracted. Infinite amount of upgrade parts and spares available.

Just to give you an idea on sizing

M4 CQBR/Mk18 stock retracted: 680mm

Mp5A2, MP5A4 : 680mm

MP5SD2, MP5SD5 : 790mm

MP5SD3, MP5SD6: 670mm

MP7 stock extended: 640mm

p90: 500mm

Mine is a JG skorpion. Low fps but I still surprise everybody when I hit them and I get a few funny looks with my fire pig on it haha.

Good little gun to use though.

I got it cheap too.

Was that the one you got off me? Haha

Just buy wolverine gloves and go rago on the enemy!!

Seriously tho. Some great advice here though. Have a fiddle with people weaponary next thurs at The Mall and see whats comfortable.. once you know what shape n style of gun u want then research makes models etc...

Hehe well Stargate is MP7's now anyways so i'm outta excuses :) Can see what you mean, fortunately I'm no giant so fits well but can see how it might make someone have to walk around with their elbows stuck out like they're doing a chicken impression!

Beretta MX4 Storm mmmmhmmm that is a tasty burger! Its brother CX4 not bad either! I'd almost be tempted to buy the available springer version and refit it.

• Supporters

Beretta MX4 Storm mmmmhmmm that is a tasty burger! Its brother CX4 not bad either! I'd almost be tempted to buy the available springer version and refit it.

I found one going uber cheap on one of the BBguns sites because it was a customer return, sold as seen stylee, with exactly that in mind, but it is soooo shit that so far i haven't even started the project. I mean i will literally have to replace everything and i suspect pretty much fill the internal cavities with something like bathroom sealant to give it sufficient robustness to handle being skirmished - although the main problem is the mag. Whatever I choose as the donor gun system to replace the poxy plastic single stack pistol stylee mag, there really isn't any part of the plastic body which is solid enough to take slapping mags into it in the heat of the moment, so there will need to also be a steel and/or aluminium substructure holding the gearbox, hop chamber, magwell and barrel in a fixed relationship to each other and the plastic body just as an envelope around it.

Can appreciate that, I looked into making a star trek gun. Found surprisingly that no-one makes a toy phaser rifle and only ones I can find available online are like £500 solid metal casts of movie props. Closest thing I found was a toy Klingon disruptor pistol that was shit plastic, was only about a tenner so bought one, and it's just not solid enough to do much with!

Surprised no-one has made a CX4 or MX4, they look damn good and not as if Beretta is an obscure manufacturer or anything!

I've seen a company called UKArms made a slightly sturdier looking black spring one, but can only find a couple for sale in US.

Also, the airsoft orange toy versions all seem to be sold under sniper category which doesn't seem quite right

Have been thinking a Scorpion but i have decided to go for a folding stock short barrelled AK :))))) from Taiwan gun lol I think but then I love looking at the advice on here it is really supporting my advice :)))

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.