Overwhelmed by the amount of selection, any recommendations?

samhughel

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

M4 wise G&G are the ones to get

G36 = JG

AK = Cyma

The above 3 examples are what they really excel in making great reliable value for money guns

I think most people will agree on that though I'm sure there maybe a few exceptions but is good rule of thumb

Luckily - with a G&G M4 you are spoilt for choice

Airsoft World have the 30th limited editions left @ £150 with metal receivers so great value G&G - GC16 is my fav of 2 30th's

(not mega rails on either but metal gun G&G deserves some serious consideration at least)

Raiders Long or Short are the usual starter guns @ £123 - polymer but very robust with plenty rail space

FireHawk - loud mofo, turns heads but maybe not best suited for long woodland engagements but taking bases or cqb they shine

CM18 - sexy 2-tone sweety with a 275 barrel that is in between the long & short raiders, polymer but damn nice, crappy midcap is its downfall

Carbine - mainly 363 barrel but there is a lite version with shorter 275 barrel - cheapest G&G but rail-less up front

the above G&G's are in effect just tarted up carbines - with more fancy front ends

same box/motor/hop but it is a very good lot of internals indeed

Even though a few - not many may have a little grief with a G&G, what you have to consider is these G&G's are like the Ford's of Airsoft

Everybody & their brother has them, probably 1 in 3 or 4 aeg's will be a CM out on the field, well depending on where you go

Suffice to say with so many G&G's out there you are bound to hear of the odd lemon going pear shape now & then.......

But in general I strongly believe they are still the best starter M4's out there

Well you have probably made up my mind now then if in 6 months I want a much better gun I'm not held back by that I've spent so much money on it.

My T4 was my first gun and like you said, I WAS pissing about with it to the point that I just bought my TM Scar. What Sitting Duck says is correct though and I've fallen into the trap of buying a £500 AEG, £250 of mags then realized I prefer Sniping! lol... No way i'd ever get my money back on the scar so I'll keep it but it's money I could have spent on maybe another part of the hobby!

Yep well I'm gonna pick up something a bit cheaper then as like you said I might end up preferring another play style...

• Supporters

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/17294-ians-guide-to-noobism-on-a-tight-budget/

buy a CM and get shooting....

if you jack it in, or if you upgrade to a shut the f*ck up TM or Tippman or whatever....

you won't have much problem flogging a G&G CM

But thinks if you upgrade you may consider keeping the CM as a spare/backup lend to a m8 if they go with ya

All guns - like cars will probably play up or let you down at some point or other eventually

hence many carry a spare as a "just in case"

you can bet the one time you forget to sling in your old spare - that will be the day your main mofo guns goes tits up

a few people may be lucky and never had it happen to them but these little toys don't half take a bashing

plus them gearbox's are like a tiny hammer drill banging away at 1,000 wallops a minute

so it is no big shocker when they on an odd occasion let you down

(maybe one day Tonka might make AEG's but for now there will always be that slight chance with ANY gun)

heck they are realistic these M4's they screw up like the real ones from time to time

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/17294-ians-guide-to-noobism-on-a-tight-budget/

buy a CM and get shooting....

if you jack it in, or if you upgrade to a shut the f*ck up TM or Tippman or whatever....

you won't have much problem flogging a G&G CM

But thinks if you upgrade you may consider keeping the CM as a spare/backup lend to a m8 if they go with ya

All guns - like cars will probably play up or let you down at some point or other eventually

hence many carry a spare as a "just in case"

you can bet the one time you forget to sling in your old spare - that will be the day your main mofo guns goes tits up

a few people may be lucky and never had it happen to them but these little toys don't half take a bashing

plus them gearbox's are like a tiny hammer drill banging away at 1,000 wallops a minute

so it is no big shocker when they on an odd occasion let you down

(maybe one day Tonka might make AEG's but for now there will always be that slight chance with ANY gun)

heck they are realistic these M4's they screw up like the real ones from time to time

Thanks for the help!

• Supporters

Thanks for the help!

no worries its what forums are all about and I owe $hitloads to soooooo many helping me out in my first year

btw if you wanna snipe on a tight budget:

http://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/701-bison-bison-russian-bolt-action-airsoft-sniper-rifle-701blue.html?keyword=bison#.VRpVm47p8i4

(blimey this was £64 now under £60)

http://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/hg-104-m92f-beretta-hfc-hg-104-m92-gas-pistol.html

(fps is not 220 is more like 320)

use code RC10 for 10% discount and you could get your feet wet with a basic svd & gg pistol for well under £100

(svd for £54 del & pistol for £27 if code still works = £81 add some gas & still got change out of £100)

- haven't tried it in a few months but it used to work ok

don't think of buying much else on this site - a lot is still pants but is perhaps one of the better "BB" sites out there

just now n then they do some half decent cheap stuff without having to order from overseas

• Supporters

The problem is cause its my first gun I'd rather not be pissing round just to get it to work how it was intended.

I have less clue now than before I asked the question! Lol...

I know how you feel. Personally I'd do what Sitting Duck suggests and get something a bit cheaper first (like the G&G Combat Machine range he has suggested) and get a feel for how a gun behaves long term, what can go wrong etc etc. It does seem that there are certain models of G&G (the T4-18 by the current suggestions for one) that are not as good as all the others. I wouldn't let that put you off buying a £300 G&G though. The CM16 and CM18 models are incredibly popular and very upgradeable and not a ridiculous price (£120 ish). At the higher end the G&G SCAR range is very good (I have one and the only time it's gone wrong is when I've taken it apart and dicked about with it). I've certainly never had any issue with mag compatibility (although as I said I don't use G&G midcaps). The thing to remember about the T4-18 is that due to the base of it's design (the HK416) the magwell is a slightly different shape than a standard M4 which is why there are compatibility issues at a guess.

If you're up for the AK side of life, I can personally vouch for Cyma (plenty of others here have them too). Again though there are things to be aware of; the models are numbered CM0xx starting around CM020 and going up. The lower model numbers (below about CM040) are based on a Tokyo Marui design and are generally considered inferior to those with a higher model number which are copies of a VFC design. This is mainly due to the TM based ones having a lot more plastic parts so bear that in mind when you make your selection. They're reliable enough but the FPS will be a bit lower (easily fixed with a better spring) and parts may break if it's roughly handled (although spares are cheap enough). The VFC ones are built like tanks and tend to be too hot out of the box (again - simple fix that can either be done for you by the retailer or simply enough at home yourself). Do NOT consider a Cyma M4 though. Pretty much everyone is in agreement that they're just bad.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.