G&G cm18 mod1

Dallin1991

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Sexy aeg - both types

black/tan - most popular or tan/black is still damn fine

normal reliable CM internals, 330fps aprox out of box

275 barrel cool flip up sights, rear wired crane stock

deffo gets noticed compared to regular carbine/raider

only down side it comes with a 120rnd mag instead of usual 300rnd mag

(I use a load of Dytac 300rnd mags in nigh on all M4's)

a bit more than a Raider but I love it, has drop down dust cover for hop

(carbine/raider have pull down dust cover)

Only thing that could beat it is maybe a 30th edition GC16 metal - value for money wise

but still not quite as sexy looking as CM18 imho

• Supporters

I think you will find that may be down to the G&G mid-cap supplied

which many say them G&G mids + some others are w@nk

Good mid caps are not so easy to find, many feed for a while then splutter to feed well say after 50%

I don't use mid caps - well I have some 120 & some 180-ish ones that do feed ok but they ain't G&G's

I did get some G&G's mids and they were $hite so ffffffforget that my hi-caps feed in all my M4's

(wish I could hammer them Dytac's in my AK's but will getting a G36/M4 mag adapter soon)

99% sure any feed issues are down to the iffy stock mid cap - my G&G M4's feed lovely on my usual hi-caps

The CM18 & FireHawk have seen the most action out of all my M4's, if not a main primary one is always there as backup

(just in case you think that it has only seen 1 or 2k rounds through it - uhm dunno exact figure but gotta be 20k in each at least)

• Supporters

Thanks for that. How much are decent high cap mags roughly?

about a tenner for one, but usually can get them cheaper if buying a box

some cheaper mags have really weak springs and feed say 6 or 10 and then need winding like hell

(Got quite a small number of mags that are absolute pants/weak springs - yes they can be replaced but I got my own favourites)

when finished - empty all bb's from mag, never leave it wound up as you will lose tension/feeding performance

this goes for all mags - when ya done empty & eject all bb's you can get out (well most of 'em)

then your mags will perform well for longer.....

Get one of these instead

www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-gc4-g26-30th-anniversary-limited-edition-aeg-airsoft-rifle-black.html

It's mostly metal only the foregrip is plastic but it feels very sturdy. The snake skin pattern is cool aswell. It's got a nice weight to it I don't use a sling and can carry it about all day no problem the performance is ok 330ish fps decent range and Rate of fire plus it's limited edition that makes them better than normal G&G M4s.

• Supporters

the GC16 30th is better imho as I said

the GC16 I just got and as I suspected is the better of these 30th editions

This is just my take on it but would gladly swap my tan g26 30th for a tan gc16 30th

But poster was asking about CM18 as it does look nice and rails galore etc....

(but did mention about the GC16 30th edition with its metal receiver)

2 x 30th versions:

http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-gc4-g26-30th-anniversary-limited-edition-aeg-airsoft-rifle-black.html

http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-gc16-30th-anniversary-limited-edition-aeg-airsoft-rifle-black.html

(front sight on GC16 can be removed I found out)

All the CM's are good, they have the same internals so end of day what you pay on top is for the exterior looks

or in case of 30th editions the metal receiver

And looks are down to owners own personal choice in the end - as long as the owner likes their gun that is what matters

Just my take but as 30th's are £130-£140 guns but with metal receivers and both front wired - I prefer rear wired

They could/should of done a metal Raider or CM18 (RIS guns) perhaps for one of the 30th editions

(Carbine/Raiders must be the top selling G&G's out there so seems daft not to do say a mid 275-300mm barrel Raider in metal)

the GC16 30th is better imho as I said

the GC16 I just got and as I suspected is the better of these 30th editions

This is just my take on it but would gladly swap my tan g26 30th for a tan gc16 30th

But poster was asking about CM18 as it does look nice and rails galore etc....

(but did mention about the GC16 30th edition with its metal receiver)

2 x 30th versions:

http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-gc4-g26-30th-anniversary-limited-edition-aeg-airsoft-rifle-black.html

http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-gc16-30th-anniversary-limited-edition-aeg-airsoft-rifle-black.html

(front sight on GC16 can be removed I found out)

All the CM's are good, they have the same internals so end of day what you pay on top is for the exterior looks

or in case of 30th editions the metal receiver

And looks are down to owners own personal choice in the end - as long as the owner likes their gun that is what matters

Just my take but as 30th's are £130-£140 guns but with metal receivers and both front wired - I prefer rear wired

They could/should of done a metal Raider or CM18 (RIS guns) perhaps for one of the 30th editions

(Carbine/Raiders must be the top selling G&G's out there so seems daft not to do say a mid 275-300mm barrel Raider in metal)

The g26 looks nicer than the g16 I'll swap you :D

• Supporters

The offer is there if anyone wants to swap 30th tan gc16 for 30th tan G26

I didn't like the plastic flippy sight and the front plunger pull thingy to remove handguard

When I compared the gc16 I was impressed how tight the front handguard felt - no wobble

(well it is new but it just feels so solid)

I like the front sight comes off in seconds to leave a clear top rail - yeah I know the g26 just flops down

and then mount whatever sights/scope you want on there.

They are both excellent value for money tbh - me personally I like the gc16 a little bit more

but they are good offers to grab while you can.....

Similar so like I said reckon they should of considered a RIS 300mm raider biridging the gap on short/long raider versions

or charge a bit more for a CM18 say - this is just my humble noobish opinion on it all

Whatever floats ya boat - in the end inside it is still a £117 carbine or carbine lite with its shorter barrel

the extra we pay is just for the looks/rails etc......

as long as owner is happy with his own gun - that is all that matters in the end

• Supporters

Why don't you buy a new hand guard?

Nah I just bought a new G&G instead - the gc16 30th

Now I am calling it a day on buying toys

Well would like a 416 Bi8001 of my own but they shot up in price, not so cheap now so I will get on play/tech or rather break+fix+break again some of the guns I already have

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.