Hi from Essex

RBedding

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

Been reading the forum a lot and thought its about time i registered to say hi.

Iv done paint balling a few times, but feel that AirSoft would be more enjoyable because of the realism and teamwork so i am wanting to give it a try.

I have seen all the guides on getting started with gear but for someone who wants to try the sport out first before investing, what would you say is the best thing to do in order to get started?

I am from south essex, and from what i can see there are a few sites around me that i could go to, my only thought is how do those who go regularly feel about us that could turn up with rental gear and not knowing much about what to do.

Thanks!

Reece

Treat you the same

may get the odd one but you are a team and you are there for fun

I rent and will till i get my own gun

there it a few guys with 2 tone guns as well

There are new guys who rent every game. Some just play as a one off and never come again.

Some do their three games and get their own guns etc.

Nobody will think any the less of you if you rent, but its like any pastime. People will start to take you more serious when you show some commitment to their airsoft.

I used to go on my own and people would largely ignore me. I kept going back and after a while, people remember you and when you start collecting your own kit, they take more notice.

Dont be put off if players seem uninterested in you at first.

hi im from southend,

the best site in south essex is probably bilericay skirmish. you could also try dragons lair if its closer.

go to a bootcamp day and 40-50% of people going are rentals. if you go to a "pro-am" day there is usually no rentals

just book a rental day (if u go to bilericay i highly recomend getting the AK-47 over all the other guns), see if you like it or not....

there are new players every week so dont worry

Thanks for replies guys,

Billericay Skirmish is my closest site, so this is probably where i will end up going.

Iv been worried about others not treating me serious / ignoring me as i obviously enjoy working / socializing in a team, but as an outsider / not knowing anyone to start, i didn't know whether you would be treated different as you didn't come as a group.

From what i see and hear, it does sound like the community is very welcoming which is fantastic!

Guest PT247

some can be a little snobby but most are there for the same reason as yourself, just have done it longer so have their own kit! :-)

If you are 16 or over, youre welcome at one of our milsims. We rent rifles and we had some first time players at the last game and they loved it. There are enough experienced guys in the team to show you the ropes and theyre very welcoming. Its across the border into Hertfordshire but only about 45 mins to an hour from south essex.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for replies guys,

Billericay Skirmish is my closest site, so this is probably where i will end up going.

Iv been worried about others not treating me serious / ignoring me as i obviously enjoy working / socializing in a team, but as an outsider / not knowing anyone to start, i didn't know whether you would be treated different as you didn't come as a group.

From what i see and hear, it does sound like the community is very welcoming which is fantastic!

everyone has worries that they will be looked on as an outsider but i promise ya that we need as many people playing the sport as we can get to ensure it continues to be legal and the like.... best thing to do is rock up rent a gun and play, speak with the marshals too and they can usually introduce you to people around and the like

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.