Stupid player experience

masadanator

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My eldest seems to think airsoft is like bloody COD & it does my frigging head in

Airsoft sites should put in big bold letters "THIS IS NOT C.O.D, SO DONT TREAT IT LIKE SUCH"

sooner kids realise this, the bloody better

Another thing that tickles me a bit, is players using rules from another site they play at, doesn't always work that way

• Supporters

Another thing that tickles me a bit, is players using rules from another site they play at, doesn't always work that way

Haha! Yeah, had that at the Malls. Someone that had come over from Bristol way got massively upset because she got shot in the head while she was on a stairwell (someone leaned over the rail above and popped her in the noggin). There's no rules about not shooting people on the stairs at the Malls other than semi only.

• Supporters

I've only played once in the US, and it ended not too well. It's related to the above. My site is The Mall, which doesn't do the Bang or surrender rule. The US site did. A guy came up behind me, and said bang at me. I promptly shot him and continued on. (A marshal saw and explained my error to me, and I took the hit.) The guy was so pissed (My burst caught him across the neck I think, ouch) that he and his team hunted me for the rest of the day... It was kind of fun, as they had tons of gear and made a lot of noise, where as I didn't, and I was able to constantly move around them, and even ambush them, much to their annoyance. Fun times :)

Where I play, semi only inside buildings, 'bang' does count etc etc cause we get a few kids who dont like being shot at 2 foot away lol

Game day just gone, I saw a pistol pop out from a fence so looked over with my pistol and pointed it at a 12 year old boy who just looked at me so I said

'I don't want to shoot you in the head' as he wore nothing but hair, he just looked at me so I told him 'your dead anyway as I tapped you on the head' so he walked off in a piss lol

The Marshall told me she had to look away as she knew it was going to hurt

Stupid thing is, no one shot at me as I was open to them or maybe they didn't want to hit him

Once accidently shot my self in the face cleaning mud out my barrel Thankfully had my goggles on but got me in the forehead won't be doing that one again in a hurry.

A mate of mine accidentally let off one of those massive capacity moscarts when he was loading it into his launcher, killing a lot of our team in front of him just as the game began

On either my first or second game, before i'd developed the habit of checking the fire selector on my gun (a hired m4), i decided to execute an awesome one-man-super-dooper-outflanking maneuver, and as the enemy pushed up the road with the vehicle, spent about 10/15 minutes making my way behind them.

I'd just managed to get into the building they were regrouping outside of when i was spotted, so trained my sights on the door they'd be entering to get the drop on them.

One creeps in, i pop out and get hit to the sound of "AWW FOR F*CKS SAKE...f*cking SAFETY!!".

Needless to say, i spent the next few games constantly checking the selector every 12 seconds.

Snuck up on a youngster yesterday, he was hiding behind a set of barricades. Had my px4 out and managed to get within 6 foot of the barricade, being the nice gent I am I crawled to the edge of his cover, stood up and yelled surrender at him, rather than shoot him point blank. He full autoed my chest, to which I swore at him and said fine we both take it. He told me to fuck off, and shot me again....needless to say he got a full px4 clip in his chest and neck...and I got put in the sin bin for a lil while...arse

Snuck up on a youngster yesterday, he was hiding behind a set of barricades. Had my px4 out and managed to get within 6 foot of the barricade, being the nice gent I am I crawled to the edge of his cover, stood up and yelled surrender at him, rather than shoot him point blank. He full autoed my chest, to which I swore at him and said fine we both take it. He told me to f*ck off, and shot me again....needless to say he got a full px4 clip in his chest and neck...and I got put in the sin bin for a lil while...arse

Reading this it seems you both acted a bit of an arse: him for full autoing you and then you for retaliating.

Oh Christ yeah I was pissed off happy, so I was probably in the wrong too. But seeing as the same kid failed to surrender when asked earlier in the day (as he believed he was in cover...not that it matters when you have a gun aimed at your head). So yeah probably did act like a tit, but by that point of the day I'd had enough of the cheating little twat

• Supporters

Oh Christ yeah I was pissed off happy, so I was probably in the wrong too. But seeing as the same kid failed to surrender when asked earlier in the day (as he believed he was in cover...not that it matters when you have a gun aimed at your head). So yeah probably did act like a tit, but by that point of the day I'd had enough of the cheating little tw*t

Happy has a point we all get wound up with other players some times but the best reaction is just to call a marshall and let them deal with it, Its what they are paid for. If you respond to stupid with stupid it never learns. It is hard to not lose it sometimes though.

Heat of the moment I can understand, especially if you've seen him do it before. Just I don't agree with rinsing people at close range unless it's a mate haha

Oh no normally mate id just grin and bear it. But having had him cheat several times over the case of the morning, it finally got the better of me. I hold my hands up and say I fucked up, but end of the day I'd had enough and seeing as the Marshalls weren't sorting it took matters into my own hands. Whether right or wrong I done it, worst thing was he didn't even take the hit!

i wouldn't say he cheated you asked him to take his hit he refused you could have then shot him but he shot you instead so either you never had the advantage or he was just quicker at pulling the trigger. You were hit first and shot him back so I would say you were the one in the wrong. Unless it's a rule you have to accept someone asking you to take your hit. It's not where I play

Can agree with the different sites rules issue. Had a guy sneak up on me in the Mall basement, tap me on the shoulder and said 'gotcha'. I turned round and asked him what he'd tapped me with, he replied his hand so I asked him if he had a rubber knife on his person, he said no so I shot him in the chest plate. he wasn't very happy about this and must have drifted off during whichever bit of the 45minute safety brief referred to being no capture surrender or 'bang' kill rules. He angrily asked if I'd rather he shot me at that range and I told him "yes, because then we wouldn't be having this argument"

If he'd at least had a rubber knife i'd have taken the hit. If he'd just said 'bang' I would have said 'the matrix', claimed to have dodged his imaginary bullet and then shot him with an actual BB :)

Jambo, my local doesn't allow you to not surrender, as long as the player causing it has managed to get close enough without being hit...so yeah, he did cheat. Either way, its put me off returning to my local site as I've had nothing but hassles with non hit takers, mardy people having hissy fits and even a punch up when one player was adamant he had hit another, when in reality he'd hit the Marshall about 4 foot the other side of said player...

Last night there was a few.

In the first game (infected) me and 3 other people went into a room near the infected spawn point and I was under a desk with a clear view of the door and shot the same guy 4 times from exactly the same place.

Next one was the "haribo" game (you get a pack of sweets and drop them when you get hit and other people can pick them up) so I sprinted outside (like a BB warz hero of course) And stayed in a corner then someone from the other team came walking out looked right at me, I thought I was a gonner, then he just turns around and carries on walking about for ten minutes then I got bored and he was a little too close to me so I shot him in the ass.

Jambo, my local doesn't allow you to not surrender, as long as the player causing it has managed to get close enough without being hit...so yeah, he did cheat. Either way, its put me off returning to my local site as I've had nothing but hassles with non hit takers, mardy people having hissy fits and even a punch up when one player was adamant he had hit another, when in reality he'd hit the Marshall about 4 foot the other side of said player...

did you maybe think he never knew that? It's easy to miss stuff in the briefing and at other sites you would be the one in the wrong for emptying a mag into him and that just makes you the arsehole. It's only a game no point being a bitch about it.

did you maybe think he never knew that? It's easy to miss stuff in the briefing and at other sites you would be the one in the wrong for emptying a mag into him and that just makes you the arsehole. It's only a game no point being a bitch about it.

at every site he'd be in the wrong with the reaction. Last Sunday even though it had been said in the briefing that a grenade clears a room a player continued to shoot at me and I explained the rule again and he trooped off to the regen.

My local has pretty much abolished the bang rule because of all the faf with people being upset at people not accepting.

They say if you want to give someone a chance with a bang you can, but they're not obliged to take it, so the only times i'll use it now is if the other person has their back to me.

Playing somewhere without it means every face to face encounter results in shots and having missed and been missed in equal measure i find it good fun. Once managed to shoot and get shot in the gun, and same for the nuts; both collapsed to the floor then what we thought was a grenade got chucked in, i dove out the way to then realise it was a plastic ball from the mall's kids playground, a common cheeky tactic with random debris there hehe.

Shooting someone in the back takes a second or two to aim for a pouch or chest plate, even if they dont feel it they'll hear it, turn round to a raised rifle and realise. Admitedly when theres more than one opp dont really have much time/ability to aim anywhere too specific

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.