Cheap Russian loadout help

cropzy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So now I have an AK 47 I would like to run a soviet era Russian or spetsnaz loadout.

Upon doing research so far I have found that I will have to import digital flora and flecktarn d from ukraine/russia and pay extortionate prices. Maybe a gorka too but not sure yet.

Is there any load-outs you guys could recommend or I could do with spending hundreds.

Cheers!

Try asking on the Russian Military Airsoft Loadouts page on Facebook, I am a member there and they are usually very helpful. You have kind of contradicted yourself in what you are asking over though - Digital Flora is not Soviet era and I am not sure about the most recent marks of GORKA either (though early GORKA is from Afghan). You need to better explain what look you are after and then we can help.

Try asking on the Russian Military Airsoft Loadouts page on Facebook, I am a member there and they are usually very helpful. You have kind of contradicted yourself in what you are asking over though - Digital Flora is not Soviet era and I am not sure about the most recent marks of GORKA either (though early GORKA is from Afghan). You need to better explain what look you are after and then we can help.

Don't use facebook sorry.

I guess just generally anything.

I have never actually run a serious loadout and I want to try one.

Anything russian I guess haha.

Well, there are so *many* different loadouts both Cold War era and Modern Russian it will make your head spin and none of them are particularly cheap. Personally, if I were on a budget I would go with a Russian camo oversuit like a Berzeka (sp?) or a Partisan SS Leto and team it with an appropriate belt and webbing. Can stretch from Cold War to more modern stuff that way. TBH Facebook is still your best bet - just go log on a fake profile and look around.

I personally run a Digi Flora loadout that I got mostly from Frontowiec.com as well as my beloved GORKA with SMERSH webbing which is a bit of an iconic look for modern Russian. Cold War stuff is becoming increasingly hard to find and expensive. The standard Cold War Russian infantry outfit was the M69 'Hebe' which you will struggle to find in larger sizes. There are literally hundreds of loadouts. I strongly suggest picking an era and theme and coming back to us.

As I am trying to airsoft on a bit of a budget myself and I am trying to get together a Russian loadout, I just went for a KLMK oversuit with a chicom chest rig.

KLMK was issued right from the late 60s and was used from then, through Afghanistan in the 70s and 80s, Chechnya in the 90s all the way up to today by (I believe) some of the rebels in Ukraine and the eastern bloc where the modern equipment hasn't quite filtered through yet. It can also be seen mixed and matched with a load of other Russian camo types, as a base to build on. Same for the chest rig, which was first picked up by the soviets in Afghanistan and is still used today by, again, rebels and the likes.

So basically, this loadout seems to be super flexible from a Russian loadout perspective, covers you in head-to-toe camo in one fell swoop and is a really good base to start with, to take in other directions.

I bought my oversuit for a little over £90 (probably because I needed a size 3 which seems a bit less common, but size 1s and 2s seem to be everywhere) but you could probably get it cheaper on Chinese reproduction and the chest rig was like £10. Not to mention any bits and bobs you want to add on, like late soviet-era mag pouches and whatnot are dirt-cheap on ebay.

That's what I would say anyway, but I'm sure it won't be long before a certain Mr. Gere gets wind of this question and offers a much more experienced insight. :P

Soviet KLMK onesie is already dodgy quality,I can't begin to imagine what a chinese repro is like! 90 quid is also extortion,no mattet what the rarity.

I'd agree that KLMK is a great start point. Works amazingly in the summer,comfy and breaks up your shape well. You can still find them cheap enough though it may be hard,I did get mine for 20 euro at a ukrainian bazaar after all,however i'm sure you can find someone selling it at non extortion prices. I'm looking to flog mine but not sure since it's fairly heavily used.

OP,What i would do first however is look up pics of russian or eastbloc forces and tell us what you like,what era it is,etc...

You're probably right on the price, but I only found one site anywhere that sold a size 3 version - and I don't tend to frequent Ukrainian bazaars. :P But yes, there are billions of size 1 and size 2s out there for like $30 - $50 if you are not a huge man-mountain such as myself.

http://frontowiec.com

I always try to get my stuff from here as it's dirt cheap, orders arrive quickly and the site is based in Poland so no tax. Grey Shop - formerly Syndicate Workshop - is another awesome resource as Lozart mentioned - just be patient if you do order from them since Russian post is notoriously slow.

Again as others have said: KLMK or KZS + chicom rig will give you a very cheap (under £40) loadout if sourced properly. Or swap the chicom for a rd54 backpack and you have a (very) basic Afghan war impression.

• Supporters

Actually I haven't much to add, ForestFighter. I paid about £60 posted for my size 3 KZS which I bought for the kecks, as the size 2 jacket was fine. I had to take about 2.5" off the sleeves of the size 3 jacket (others my size may need to remove more as my arms are very long). I had used the size 2 kecks tucked into my boots plenty of times, but they were not as baggy in the legs as they should have been, not just for the look but for comfort - I'm 5'10" 42" chest 38" waist for you to compare, but it took me a fair while to find the size 3 for sale (i got it from seller stalingrad on fleabay - Svetlana doesn't seem to have got much new stock recently but i think she has size 1 and 2 KZS). I have never tried a KLMK onesie, but i suspect the KZS 2 piece is more flexible - it also allows you to use the jacket above afganka kecks, if you can find them, which is an iconic VDV look from the Soviet-Afghan war.

Reportedly the Soviets were using the AK-74 by the time they went into Afghanistan and VDV were definitely issued AKS-74 (side folding skeleton stock / wooden handguards) as standard, but i've seen pictures of Soviet soldiers in Afghan, dressed in M88 Afganka uniform so not a unit low down the pecking order in terms of requisitioning kit (as some units were deployed to Afghan wearing the Syriika uniform which is a variation of the M69 mentioned above), carrying AK-47S (under-folding stock and wooden handguards) - i think vehicle crews maybe, but no doubt they would have faced the same problem we faced when fighting locals carrying AK-47's firing 7.62x39mm: the heavier bullet would have outranged their 5.45mm AK-74 rounds, so who knows, maybe the odd AK-47 was requisitioned for some units/individuals and could be historically accurate...

If you tell me what size you are i'll keep an eye out as i trawl around online, but 1 good place to start looking for Soviet era stuff is redstar-militaria.de - their prices are generally better than the likes of sovietarmystuff.com, soviet-military-form.com, thesovietrussia.com and inside the EU, which is better for tax, shipping costs, and wait times. As has been said, frontoweic.com are also very good. On ebay you might also want to check out valery-seawolf-ru, okudinova for boots and other stuff, and alexcatfish09 has Chechen war stuff as well. There are loads more but i cba finding every fleabayer i've bought from, but as i say, i'll keep an eye out...

• 2 months later...

I think Russian loadouts look better with assault vest rather than molle vests or plate carriers. I think that the British army chest rig looks awesome in a Russian loadout.

II think that the British army chest rig looks awesome in a Russian loadout.

Of course, a true Russian loadout must have British kit....

Of course, a true Russian loadout must have British kit....

I didnt say that they must have it but that it goes well with the russian load out

It kind of defeats the point. It'd be like making a USMC loadout with an Osprey plate carrier, it just doesn't work properly

It kind of defeats the point. It'd be like making a USMC loadout with an Osprey plate carrier, it just doesn't work properly

Well, if a Russian soldier wanted to have that kind of chest rig then he could.

http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p12903/Russian-Tactical-Chest-Rig-Magazine-Carrier-Vest-%28OD%29/product_info.html

See this one looks like the British one but it says its Russian

I doubt that it's actually Russian, it's far too cheap compared to how expensive Russian chest rigs are on all of the trusted sites Ian has mentioned

It looks like a cheap copy of a four cell chicom vest - not exactly Russian and you can pick up actual chicom rigs for near enough the same price.

Even then chicoms are still not "officially" Russian gear. Most Russian soldiers in the Afghan war took them as trophies.

• 3 weeks later...

So now I have an AK 47 I would like to run a soviet era Russian or spetsnaz loadout.

Upon doing research so far I have found that I will have to import digital flora and flecktarn d from ukraine/russia and pay extortionate prices. Maybe a gorka too but not sure yet.

Is there any load-outs you guys could recommend or I could do with spending hundreds.

Cheers!

As a first, hi from Russia :)
Asking for you question, if you want make some russian loadout kit, as a first thing, you should choose some time period and subdivision, that you want to simulate.
You can ask me PM or I can write here list of gear for theme that you interest..
For example, my kit for 45 ORP SPN VDV 2008-2013 year
(I'm on the right with LCT AK74M)
RY5PR1Silys.jpg

• 2 years later...

Archived