Taking a two-tone to woodland

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

try also to to camo yourself a bit too

with ya d68 you ain't got the range so you really wanna be as stealthy as possible

Iv'e seen peeps arrive with quite bold colours or track suit with vivid stripes down the sides

I'm hardly one to talk - jeans & boots but I got a bit or range and deffo I avoid following

other "camo'd" & better players than me and perhaps giving away their position so easily

Deffo tape ya gun up a little if possible - it is so easily noticed that slight glance of orange through the bushes

and keep your own colours dark-ish to help blend in a bit too

use cover - sprint - don't jog to cover, pop ya head out but keep the rest of you in

peek high - peek low, blah blah blah, practice peeking left/shooting left handed

take more than one battery and/or another gun with battery just in case

don't get stressed if you don't get loads of kills your first time - go with the idea to see what its all about

that way you will still have a chance of having fun - which is the most important thing imho

I'm sure you will be fine and have a great day and not do too bad

all depends how many hardened pro's are on the enemy team I guess but in general you should still be ok-ish

try also to to camo yourself a bit too

with ya d68 you ain't got the range so you really wanna be as stealthy as possible

Iv'e seen peeps arrive with quite bold colours or track suit with vivid stripes down the sides

I'm hardly one to talk - jeans & boots but I got a bit or range and deffo I avoid following

other "camo'd" & better players than me and perhaps giving away their position so easily

Deffo tape ya gun up a little if possible - it is so easily noticed that slight glance of orange through the bushes

and keep your own colours dark-ish to help blend in a bit too

use cover - sprint - don't jog to cover, pop ya head out but keep the rest of you in

peek high - peek low, blah blah blah, practice peeking left/shooting left handed

take more than one battery and/or another gun with battery just in case

don't get stressed if you don't get loads of kills your first time - go with the idea to see what its all about

that way you will still have a chance of having fun - which is the most important thing imho

I'm sure you will be fine and have a great day and not do too bad

all depends how many hardened pro's are on the enemy team I guess but in general you should still be ok-ish

I have all of the gear, I'll post pics later. It's kinda desert camo but still helps to break up the edges etc.

I think I will probably just paint it then if nobody is going to care O_O

• Supporters

bit of tape - you can clean it off with alcohol later

if it shoots as good as you say then I think you will be ok to scrape by with to get ukara'd

reckon you will get some kills with it and it does feel good taking out a mofo with a lesser gun

happens all the time - even the most experienced players get taken now n then by some 12 yr old

or a noobie hire gun player or BB site gun owner

I still get owned by noobs - oh wait that is coz I am still a noob and suck at this big time

nobody will care - you may get the odd snigger with it in orange but out there on the day

people won't care what gun ya running when it all kicks off and shooting starts

paint or tape - just hide that high vis orange crap - will increase your stealth no end

no point looking the part and your gun screaming:

"Come and get me I'm over here mofo's"

Tape it or spray it and you can tag along with some other experienced players....

If you leave it orange they will just tell you to F*CK OFF with your high vis gun

• Supporters

seems i clicked post while mid typing :angry:

in all honesty, just go with what you think works. i remember playing one day, and on the enemy team, one guy had a bright orange gun ... and he was the most sneaky/hard to spot B)

• Supporters

Who was on your team with ya ??

Stevie Wonder & Ray Charles ?

in this land of Hi-Vis this and that ... sometimes it blends itself into the background ;)

If he told you he would have to kill you!

Something to do with mismatched camo being ultra l33t and instant SF operator.

But in all seriousness those in the know, will tell you it's not the colour of your camo but how you use it that makes it work.

Although it's mostly a moot point what colour it is, because almost none of it works at Airsoft ranges.

If he told you he would have to kill you!

Something to do with mismatched camo being ultra l33t and instant SF operator.

But in all seriousness those in the know, will tell you it's not the colour of your camo but how you use it that makes it work.

Although it's mostly a moot point what colour it is, because almost none of it works at Airsoft ranges.

Oh I see.... So he WAS taking the piss haha.

I have desert camo gear, Only wanted it because I think it looks cool. Not because I want to blend in... didn't think about it really O_O

Personally, I bought a roll of british army sniper tape just to cover up the red on my gun.

Plus, it's super useful and pretty hard-wearing for a whole host of other botch jobs you need to do in day-to-day life. ;)

I have a two toned M4 ( in red ) and to be honest i like it as it is , I now have my defence but don't want to change it , Maybe one day !!!

My only site is woodland based and i don't see it as a disadvantage.

This be mine

012_zpsa1090660.jpg

• Supporters

All I will say is that I have been defending our base with some of the more experienced players.....

And was amazed just how quickly they spotted some of the enemy advancing.........

30yrds - 11 o'clock - got him

25yrds - 2 o'clock - got him

blimey I said you got good eyes/scope - nah I just love them 2-toner's he replied

Now I am as blind as a bat so it may my noobish inexperienced eyes may not spot you straight away

but other more experienced players are more trained to spot the slightest blip on their vision radar

I've seen it numerous times first hand how they detect the slightest thing out of place - focus & fire

Some colours are better than others - green or blue say is not quite as bad as day-glo orange

But moment the green/brown view has a splash of any other colour in it - especially high vis orange

your eyes pick it up and you give it it your full attention is all I will say

Your G&G shows very little red as grip/stock is disguised/covered by yourself if ADS - just a bit of ris showing

OP's D68 is a LOT more vivid orange on display

Many on here paint their RIF's with a camo brown/tan/dark green etc...

Not only to customise it and put their own mark on it - well yeah a lot of airsoft is for show & stuff

but there is also a bit of practical in this too

best ones I have seen is where their own gun almost prefectly matches on their cammo/loadout

(not just a black gun & black hoodie but really put in the time & effort to achieve max stealth - and look damn good too)

All the above applies to woodland - general cqb cammo means very little

well unless you are one of them artists who paint themselves up with brick patterns or a window to blend in perfectly

• 3 weeks later...

in my not opinion, I would personally leave it two toned and not bother from my experience as an adult people won't judge you or think any less and tend to be more welcoming, i have lost track of how many guns i have seen ruined by tape and paint that locked the gun up or look worse than the two toned originally.

i work at a woodland site and to be fair their is such little tree coverage anyways i wouldn't worry so much about "camo" i would focus more on enjoying it and having fun. save the money on tape and paint for bbs and pyros for the day.

but that is just my view

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.