New player from Kent, UK

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Welcome! I'm from Kent, we've quite a few sites that are worth a look, such as:-

UCAP Sandpit: Bluewater

Apocalypse Airsoft: Detling

Jungle Warfare: Lenham

Battlelakes: Tunbridge Wells

Cool Under Fire: Ashford

& quite a few more to add as well! - So we're spoilt for choice. I regularly skirmish at Apocalypse, wholeheartedly recommend, attended the Pit a few times, again, a really good site. Checking out Jungle Warfare next weekend as well, hopes are high.

May see you about

Mike

He ain't gonna be going to Dartford Sandpit with a WELL D68.....

They say no 2-tone or clear guns - but more to point he will get shot to $hit out there

Somebody find him a CQB site in Kent maybe ???

doesn't mean he cant rent? everyone has to start from somewhere

• Supporters

True but he got a couple of bits from a £150 mystery box from BBG4Less and is

looking to skirmish with the D68.......

If he eases up a bit, find a cqb and do 3 visits scraping by with D68 then he can save on rental

and with 3 x rental £25's be halfway to getting a better gun if he gets bitten by the bb bug

True but he got a couple of bits from a £150 mystery box from BBG4Less and is

looking to skirmish with the D68.......

If he eases up a bit, find a cqb and do 3 visits scraping by with D68 then he can save on rental

and with 3 x rental £25's be halfway to getting a better gun if he gets bitten by the bb bug

I pretty much only got the mystery box to get me started, to avoid having to rent. Plus my misses loves surprise things like that and it was great :)

Welcome! I'm from Kent, we've quite a few sites that are worth a look, such as:-

UCAP Sandpit: Bluewater

Apocalypse Airsoft: Detling

Jungle Warfare: Lenham

Battlelakes: Tunbridge Wells

Cool Under Fire: Ashford

& quite a few more to add as well! - So we're spoilt for choice. I regularly skirmish at Apocalypse, wholeheartedly recommend, attended the Pit a few times, again, a really good site. Checking out Jungle Warfare next weekend as well, hopes are high.

May see you about

Mike

Thanks! I've 'only' got a Well D68 so apparently I can't do very long range stuff, but hope to see you about.

doesn't mean he cant rent? everyone has to start from somewhere

Going to try and avoid renting. Will be quite happy to "suffer" my D68.

find a cqb and you won't be at a big loss or disadvantage

get ukara'd and a proper G36 can be had for about £85 from TaiwanGun

That's pretty much the plan. Once I have UKARA I was just going to let friends use the D68 if they want to come along.

Is the d68 really that bad though? :( I really like it

• Supporters

it is the earlier orange Viper G36

if you look at viper g36 really closely you will see the plastic gearbox and gears plus the lame motor too

what makes these cheapo guns bad is you aresort of screwed if they go wrong - and they will coz they are cheaply made

Normally on "proper" aeg's you can easily open them up - not so on many cheapo guns coz they are screwed/glued together

In other words they ain't designed to be opened up - I'd say at least 50 to 75% cheapo's come in two halves right down centre

and you have to open it all up just to get to box/barrel/hop units - often flash hiders are glued on rather than screwed on

so if you do masnage to open them up - some stuff will likely break and/or the screws into the plastic halves will strip the plastic

yup you can use a slightly bigger self tapping screw but you kinda see these cheapo guns really are not to be messed with much

OK you got the thing apart - hang on a sec........

Now you find that some parts may not be Tokyo Marui compatible like most proper aeg's are built

(some TM compatible spares may need a tiny tweak/file to fit in some guns but in general these parts will fit in proper aeg's)

Often them cheapo guns use numerous bespoke parts - similar but different to the normal run of mill aeg's

Yes some bits can be mad to fit or work with some modding but only if you have real time/workshop/love a challenge

often you may find proper gearbox/motor/hop/barrel may need a bit of work or just won't go in there properly - poxy things

They use weaker motors, weaker springs, lower power, and them plastic gears will strip to shreds in the end

F*ck knows why they couldn't put in a cheapo alloy metal gear set in there for a few quid more - not steel CNC set just a cheap alloy ffs

Plus if you need to adjust motor - oh wait you can't on d68 or change hop/barrel you gotta rip her apart all over again in 2 halves

BUT - it probably puts out 240/50 on 0.20's which is more than an electric pistol or AEP but way below a proper AEG you might encounter

A real pro could still kick my a$$ with a d68 but if you are like me - you would really need a decent budget £100 to £150 type gun

It is fine for plinking - and ok at a push for cqb but going up against a 350fps or a 450fps sniper at woodland sites - yeah best of luck

You G36 or D68 is not bad in ya garden hitting stuff reliably at say 50 to 60ft perhaps but that is probably wher power/range accuracy starts to end

Now if your woodland aeg opponent can shoot you at twice that distance........

All that you will be able to do is try to not get the hump at being owned so easily

In cqb/buildings you won't be at such a major disadvatage with overall performance - well yeah you will but nowhere as much as woodland

Like I say it is a low end gun - I bought one & a B500A1 plus another couple of makes too from BB sites

Then I stumbled across this place, got ukara'd understood the massive difference with a G&G M4 - really best M4 starter guns you get

or JG 608 or Cyma AK CM028 series

They are your next step up of guns if you think you wanna stick with it....

find a cqb, see if you can scrape by then on your next purchase you will fully understand what we mean

saying them D68's are $hit is a bit harsh they are fine for real beginners/kids but a JG-608 is what most hire guns are coz they are sooooooooooooo

much better

G&G M4, JG G36 or Cyma AK's

There are others - ICS, SRC plus others but imho & probably most on here willtend to agree on the above 3 makes as very wise investments

(actually avoid SRC no way as good as G&G - ICS are nice but I love my G&G's more)

EDIT - forgot fire rate:

D68 aprox 8 or 9 rounds per second Vs AEG at double or triple that rate (most fire at 15-20 or up to 30 if beefed up a bit)

yes you could do ok and not quite as bad as a pizza delivery boy trying to win Isle of Mann TT race but still at a major disadvantage

(cqb - a fair bit at closer range is at single shot or semi only so not too bad for ya gun)

AFAIK The guy who has set up Jungle Warfare Airsoft is looking to start a CQB site very soon as well, so there's definitely more options available.

Apocalypse certainly allows two tone & clear guns (I really don't see why people have an issue with these imho), so might be a site for you to experiment.

Mike

BUT - it probably puts out 240/50 on 0.20's which is more than an electric pistol or AEP but way below a proper AEG you might encounter

A real pro could still kick my a$$ with a d68 but if you are like me - you would really need a decent budget £100 to £150 type gun

It is fine for plinking - and ok at a push for cqb but going up against a 350fps or a 450fps sniper at woodland sites - yeah best of luck

You G36 or D68 is not bad in ya garden hitting stuff reliably at say 50 to 60ft perhaps but that is probably wher power/range accuracy starts to end

Now if your woodland aeg opponent can shoot you at twice that distance........

All that you will be able to do is try to not get the hump at being owned so easily

In cqb/buildings you won't be at such a major disadvatage with overall performance - well yeah you will but nowhere as much as woodland

Hey sorry for dragging up this post.

I was testing it out yesterday and I was able to hit a foot wide target about 45m away 8/10 times. Is it worth just taking it along to a site, playing with it, and seeing how it goes?

(Distance was taken from google maps measuring tool, may be about +/-2)

The accuracy and range is actually better than I expected... so maybe it's not all bad. (Certainly shoots more accurately/further/harder than the mp7)

So I'm from kent, looking to play games in the kent area!

Hi mate,

A couple of us are heading to Ultimate Wargames on Saturday in Fawkham. Never played there before but was original going to go to Tactics Airsoft in Croydon but changed our mind!

Usually play at Billericay or Apocalypse but we can't do this Sunday.

Your welcome to tag along dude :)

• Supporters

blimey you must have got a good one there

google earth is a little bit out here n there on occasions

I usually have just used pigeon steps on my size 8 boots to settle/measure distances aprox

think that step is about 305mm - just over a foot as I'm old school

if you are hitting stuff at nearly 150ft away like that then you should do more than a little scraping by

my own one was ok at about 75ft but wasn't that brilliant as I went beyond that but quite accurate within its range/garden

I could shoot a tiny old flower pot fairly reliable (about 3 inches maybe 4inches in size) at about 60ft but after that not so brilliant

well - learn your gun's range/limits and engage peeps at aprox 75% of it - say 100 to 120ft and you shouldn't do too bad

(as long as you can remember to quickly judge 100ft out there on the day)

reckon you got a top tech d68 there :)

blimey you must have got a good one there

google earth is a little bit out here n there on occasions

I usually have just used pigeon steps on my size 8 boots to settle/measure distances aprox

think that step is about 305mm - just over a foot as I'm old school

if you are hitting stuff at nearly 150ft away like that then you should do more than a little scraping by

my own one was ok at about 75ft but wasn't that brilliant as I went beyond that but quite accurate within its range/garden

I could shoot a tiny old flower pot fairly reliable (about 3 inches maybe 4inches in size) at about 60ft but after that not so brilliant

well - learn your gun's range/limits and engage peeps at aprox 75% of it - say 100 to 120ft and you shouldn't do too bad

(as long as you can remember to quickly judge 100ft out there on the day)

reckon you got a top tech d68 there :)

I'll have to test it properly.... with a distance I know for sure. Double the range seems a bit too good to be true.

• Supporters

well just try and judge how big a "man size" target appears at your hitting distance

That is a rough ball park figure or measuring stick to use out there.....

dunno what bb's you are using maybe .20's - no more or .15's

if using .12's which they may have shipped in ya box they will go all over the place

so be careful about accuracy out in the open with wind n crap

in the woods it will be a little more sheltered & less wind etc....

this is all about getting to know your gun

Yeah I got all the theory - its the practical side I suck at

I shoot like a girl - and scream like one when being lit up too

well just try and judge how big a "man size" target appears at your hitting distance

That is a rough ball park figure or measuring stick to use out there.....

dunno what bb's you are using maybe .20's - no more or .15's

if using .12's which they may have shipped in ya box they will go all over the place

so be careful about accuracy out in the open with wind n crap

in the woods it will be a little more sheltered & less wind etc....

this is all about getting to know your gun

Yeah I got all the theory - its the practical side I suck at

I shoot like a girl - and scream like one when being lit up too

Haha thanks man! And I was using 0.2g.

Has anyone been to Battle Lakes? It's only 20 mins from me and seems like the place I will probably be going first.

Went to Battle Lakes the for the opening day 3 years ago now but not been back yet. Not saying it's a bad site but it just didn't grab me when there's quite a bit of woodland competition in Kent, however it was the opening day so no-doubt things are very different now. I do fancy getting back there maybe this year but it's the other side of Kent for me and in-between there's a number of other woodland sites.

Went to Battle Lakes the for the opening day 3 years ago now but not been back yet. Not saying it's a bad site but it just didn't grab me when there's quite a bit of woodland competition in Kent, however it was the opening day so no-doubt things are very different now. I do fancy getting back there maybe this year but it's the other side of Kent for me and in-between there's a number of other woodland sites.

Ah right, Ok. Well I'll be sure to post what i think of it when I have been then :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.