Well D68 good enough to skirmish?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So for my 21st birthday my girlfriend bought be a £150 mystery box from bbguns4less.

It came with a few guns, the best two being: A well D68 G36c and a Well R4 MP7.

I really like them both and it seems to shoot pretty far with decent power and surprising accuracy. Is it going to be good enough to get me into the sport? Same with the MP7, will this be a decent secondary?

I'm not fussed what other players will think, I just don't want to go and have no chance of getting any hits.

• Supporters

Unfortunately, for £150 you could've gotten a decent and skirmishable gun. What you have there isn't up to task really.

Ignore all these absurd made up names and as a general rule avoid any shop with BB guns in the name. Decent retailers like Land Warrior Airsoft and Airsoft Zone generally only carry guns that are of a basic skirmish standard as a minimum, you'll rarely see them with junk LPEGs (low power electric guns - the 'bb gun' crap that's only of any real use for simple home plinking).

Your chances aren't particularly good if you use what you've got at a game. As mentioned, maybe at a real close CQB site then yeah your range will be sufficient. Woods/urban/outdoors in general... you'll have to learn to be the greatest airsoft ninja there ever was and get well within the ranges of everyone else before you're able to shoot them back.

• Supporters

As said D68 or bad G36 - only at cqb

it will hit aprox 300fps on 0.12's & 250fps on 0.20'g bb's

fine for back garden target or plinking as they say but out on woodland sites you won't have the range

at cqb and close range engagements you can scrape by and maybe use .12's that they might feel ok

but as most run with some gear on they may not feel the lighter pellets at range especially

(plus lighter bb's will be really all over the place with a fart of wind hence cqb sites for the very low end plinkers)

Yes you could go to woodland but bright orange is massive give away, low power means you are at disadvantage

you will get picked off if they catch a glimpse - yeah bright orange - may as well buy a hi-vis vest too

CQB - camo don't mean much so hi-vis low power gun would get ya by as most engagements will be shorter range

If you can - go to a cqb site, try it out, speak to a few regulars and they may show you what a "proper" aeg is like

if you can stick out a few visits with d68 you will be on ya way to ukara

then get a more decent JG-608 G36 or Cyma AK or G&G M4

Don't worry - most of us have bought these plinkers - it ain't a bad gun plinking wise

but low power plastic gearbox with plastic gears means low power but still ok for 1st time GARDEN plinking

Yeah the mp7 is the only one of those two I'd keep. A decent enough secondary or (at a push) primary for CQB games but that's about it really mate.

I'm pretty certain it's parts compatible with the TM MP7 AEP (correct me if I'm wrong guys) so upgrading is possible, but even then it's quite hard to get an adequate gun with a TM which are famed for build quality. Well on the other hand don't have that reputation with their electric rifles.

Edit: Didn't you mention having a Well P90 that you wanted to upgrade? I'm sensing a theme here...

I'm fairly certain the Well R4 is a 100% clone of the TM MP7 since some guys who can't get Original TM parts buy the WELL gearboxes as spares.

It's the only one i'd keep honestly. There is some parts support for it if you shop around on Hong kong based internet shops and you can make a decent shooter out of it with some work,good as a sidearm or backup gun.

The others will be outmatched by hire guns,i would not waste time and money on them.

Yeah the mp7 is the only one of those two I'd keep. A decent enough secondary or (at a push) primary for CQB games but that's about it really mate.

I'm pretty certain it's parts compatible with the TM MP7 AEP (correct me if I'm wrong guys) so upgrading is possible, but even then it's quite hard to get an adequate gun with a TM which are famed for build quality. Well on the other hand don't have that reputation with their electric rifles.

Edit: Didn't you mention having a Well P90 that you wanted to upgrade? I'm sensing a theme here...

I have two well P90's. One that came in the mystery box and another that was given as a gift. Currently I'm in the process of fitting an mp7 gearbox and have convert it to use standard p90 mags.

Going to follow the advice of someone above and just take the G36 to a couple of games and see how it goes.

Unfortunately, for £150 you could've gotten a decent and skirmishable gun. What you have there isn't up to task really.

Ignore all these absurd made up names and as a general rule avoid any shop with BB guns in the name. Decent retailers like Land Warrior Airsoft and Airsoft Zone generally only carry guns that are of a basic skirmish standard as a minimum, you'll rarely see them with junk LPEGs (low power electric guns - the 'bb gun' crap that's only of any real use for simple home plinking).

Your chances aren't particularly good if you use what you've got at a game. As mentioned, maybe at a real close CQB site then yeah your range will be sufficient. Woods/urban/outdoors in general... you'll have to learn to be the greatest airsoft ninja there ever was and get well within the ranges of everyone else before you're able to shoot them back.

I plan to get a "proper" G36 at some point anyway. The box was more to just get me started and be a fun gift :)

If you can wait until you have ukara to get your first proper gun you can get a Jg g36 from Taiwangun for about 70quid.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.