TM MP7 upgrades/ externals

SeniorSpaz87

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hello all

I just nabbed myself a TM MP7 GBB. I have four mags for it as well. I also have just over 1 week until Bill Rogers comes across the pond. I wish to impress him with this MP7, but am unsure about what to do. I get the whole "isnt broke dont fix" thing, so I am mainly looking at externals. I got a sling, silencer, and mount for it, but, as I will be using it at the Mall, I could do with a good pressure torch and maybe a sight. i have seen Eotechs on mp7s and like those. Any advice? Should I touch the internals?

• Supporters

Ok on the internals, and for gas I am using either Abbey gas, but most probably WE green gas. If I should be using something else then I can get it; however all four mags are leaking right now so gas isn't my biggest concern ATM.

Are you comfortable fixing the leaks? There are a few things to try i could point out if it helps

• Supporters

When it comes to gas mags, I've fixed plenty of GBB WE pistol mags. Turns out two aren't actually leaking; TM doesn't use a silent fill valve, so it seems like the mags are venting, but they aren't. But two ARE leaking, and I've tried rotating the o-rings 90 degrees, soaking them in warm water, and many coats of silicon grease. Overnight, I removed the two o-rings and put them over the back of a screwdriver to try to reform them to circle; I'll see how that does in a bit.

If they are holding gas for a while, try filling them with a little maintenance gas, its done wonders for my mags

• Supporters

No, it's an immediate vent. I know about the 144a gas, got a can myself.

Then that seal is truly goosed :P

Have you checked both valves? Sometimes the gas can escape through one valve/seal and move through the mags casing to the other, making you think the good valve is leakinh

• Supporters

Yes, I had. Reforming the o-ring worked on one, so now I've got three working mags, so 3 outta 4 ain't bad. I'll keep fiddling with the last one, but does anyone know where to get TM mp7 o-rings?

I've just bought myself the same gun (Should be here monday :) ) I spoke to fire support about the gas and they said it's more about the fps it can run. Also, I've bought to keep as a spare the creation nozzle kit. Obviously 144 gas just doesn't work this time of year so I also use WE Green gas which is perfect. They told me that the gun SHOULD be happy upto the 350 fps mark with the green gas and creation nozzle but it's a case of chronoing it on the day, if it's firing hot then use a lesser power gas etc.. Anyway, I look forward to seeing how you get on :)

• Supporters

Yep, I've got a mixture of gas, from 144a to green gas all the way up to WE Nuprol black gas (not really sure why I bought it, thought it might make my 40mms work better). I'll be using it as my primary at my demo/testing of the Safariland 578 ProFit holsters (which I just confirmed the ones I want Bill Rogers to bring across the pond), so I'll have a better idea of its specs then. I will tell you; it's really fun to shoot. Did you get the one with the QD silencer and kydex mount, or just the gun?

I got my son a TM MP7 as a Christmas gift, with 10 mags, second hand. He loves it and i do admit it is a great gun, very accurate and consistent, just a shame it is not full size. When it was bought none of the mags leaked, now, 6 out of the 10 leak, I've tried every thing, posted questions on here, seen gun techs, bought replacement filler valves, used lube, maint gas, different gasses, PTFE tape, you name it, I've done it!

Based on my experience with this and my TM P226 and T G17 I'd never buy TM again. I've got a cheap HFC G17 that is more reliable and just as consistent as aTM!

If anyone know any TM gas mag gurus or any fixes I haven't tried, please let me know!

• Supporters

Hmm cav, that's too bad. Anyway, all mine work now, I guess the o-rings were just dry or something, as leaving them overnight with 144a maintenance gas in them fixed the last mag up.

• Supporters

I fixed one of my MP7 mags with some instant gasket maker, smeared on a load left it to dry for 24 hours with the rocket valve removed and it's been fine since. Only had one mag leak since I bought it in January 2013.

Without doubt the TM MP7 is my best gun, for £300 it's range and accuracy are phenomenal.

Gas wise I've been running it on dry propane, no added lube at all. Abbey maintenance gas for storage, I'm pretty sure that's what has kept it going. They're very low maintenance for a gas gun, I have only lubed the bolt once since I bought it and it's running just as well now as it did the day I got it.

Externals wise there's not a lot you can do, FMA make a copy of the wilcox rail for it which replaces the folding foregrip with a bottom rail. Outside of that I recommend replacing the stock TM flash hider with the nineball steel one, it's a lot tougher and it looks much better than the shiny pot metal stock one. For a torch the element M300 looks nice, or an X300 but I don't think you can get a repro tail switch so you'd have to get a real one (which I heartily recommend, 500 real lumens is painfully bright!)

• Supporters

Actually, my MP7 is the one with a rail instead of the folding grip, and it also has the flash hider made for the QD suppressor, which looks decent enough. Check out the loadouts section; I have a few photos of me running it up there.

• Supporters

Weird, did you buy it second hand then? TM only make them with the folding grip so someone must've modded it at some point.

Since you've already got the rail on there I highly recommend a magpul RVG, it'll make holding it much more comfortable.

• Supporters

Weird, did you buy it second hand then? TM only make them with the folding grip so someone must've modded it at some point.

Since you've already got the rail on there I highly recommend a magpul RVG, it'll make holding it much more comfortable.

Yea, I bought it cheap of Hef, still need to put a review up, he was great, and it enabled him to get his EBB (I think), so everyone was happy. He must have modded it then, but I like it. I'll look into the RVG

• Supporters

Great

• Supporters

why that grip?

• Supporters

alright then. ive actually taken the little Kydex MOLLE holster bit and attached it to the back plate of my Safariland P226 holster, so nows it leg-mounted. its nice as I can holster it.

• Supporters

No, it's the TMC one. I'll post a pic in a minute.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.