Well D90 upgrade

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys. So this is basically a thread to track progress but i do have a couple of questions to ask as well.

Questions:

- What pushes the release on the mag back on normal P90's?. Cannot find pictures anywhere, a lot of the time it looks like it just dissapears into a hole.

Basically I got given a Well D90 for my birthday by a friend who didn't want it anymore. I'm going to be using is as a project gun as I am keen to make it into something cool. I have bought a gearbox from a well R4 to use in it (fits pretty well, power is OK) and I have started modifications to allow standard P90 mags to be fitted.

I need to update this with pictures where I get home but here are some things that I have done already:

- Modded to perfectly fit a standard P90 mag

- set out and designed new mounts for the gearbox

And here is what I need to do:

- Attach a new mag retaining mechanism (my girlfriend has hand made a leather band to attach across the top. Looks awesome) - DONE

- Attach a small ^ shape... something... to get the mag to feed correctly. - DONE

- Make new mounts for the stock barrel. (this will probably be getting upgraded as soon as I get it shooting again) - DONE

- mark out and cut a new slot for a much larger battery.

- upgrading the trigger to something that uses relays or MOSFETS.

- Paint it.

Future plans:

- Electronic fire select with little screen to display the mode(s).

- Red/Green LED to indicate safety position.

A lot of people are probably going to tell me it's a waste of time. And may be, but this would only really ever be used as a backup and it's a fun little project to work on. The intention wasn't to just have a working gun. I want it to be MY working gun.

Any suggestions would be amazing.

Cheers!

I wouldn't bother, but if you want to put the effort into it then more power to you.

It's an exercise in: Working with plastics, learning the ins-and-outs of airsoft guns and making something my own.

Like I said. The goal is not just having a working airsoft gun, that is easy, but making something unique is the challenge.

Best upgrade, throw in bin and buy something better. Whatever you do to it you will still be left with a worse gun than a proper manufacturers sportline. Seriously mate its not worth your time and effort. Save the money you'll spend on it, sell the gun if you can and wait till you can afford something better.

I personally wouldn't bother,

I have owned cheap guns like this before and have broken within a week. they're also not compatible with most upgrades because they use different gearboxes.

Its a shame because £150 could have bought a nice steel and wood CYMA AK, or a G&G combat machine :/

I personally wouldn't bother,

I have owned cheap guns like this before and have broken within a week. they're also not compatible with most upgrades because they use different gearboxes.

Its a shame because £150 could have bought a nice steel and wood CYMA AK, or a G&G combat machine :/

I plan to get an umarex G36c soon.

But this is going well as a project. Now got the MP7 gearbox up and running perfectly. Need to take a trip to B&Q tomorrow to pick up a few bits for the nozzle (need to be 1mm longer) and then I can get to mounting it.

The conversion to a standard mag is now complete as well, along with a pretty awesome looking retaining strap.

I know what it's like upgrading a sub par gun. It ain't worth it in the end i spent maybe £80 on upgrades and did a lot of diy work like cutting the plastic, sanding things down and even sticking a screw driver into the receiver to make it work! (It is still there today)

My half built noveske, which can only fire 1 bb at a time (manually load one bb into the chamer upside down...) outperforms it.

Save time yer bucks, buy a better p90 and upgrade that to fire a million rounds per sec.

I know what it's like upgrading a sub par gun. It ain't worth it in the end i spent maybe £80 on upgrades and did a lot of diy work like cutting the plastic, sanding things down and even sticking a screw driver into the receiver to make it work! (It is still there today)

My half built noveske, which can only fire 1 bb at a time (manually load one bb into the chamer upside down...) outperforms it.

Save time yer bucks, buy a better p90 and upgrade that to fire a million rounds per sec.

To be honest it's almost finished. At most i've got to spend another £10 on it and so far i've only spent about £20

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.