Silent gun for CQB?

smitht

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice on what gun i can purchase that is near on silent? Its going to be for CQB so something like an MP5K would be ideal in size but i'm not restricting myself to this. The main element is that i do want it to be really quite as in near silent. Budget is anything upto £500.

Thanks,

Tim

An ASG Mk23 (or the TM one if you really want to drop that much on it)

You're not really gonna be able to get a silent AEG, at least out of the box. I'm not sure how effective 'silent' gearbox parts actually are. But you'd probably be looking at replacing a lot of internals if you did this.

A GBB can't effectively be made quieter either, I've heard a suppressor won't make much of a difference.

If you built / bought a P* / Wolverine SMP then they can be suppressed as far as I know.

Level Cap Gaming on YouTube has a video of his suppressed Polarstar...check out his most popular uploads I think it's one of those.

But I think for the kit alone it's gonna be £350 + £150-£200 for the base gun.

Look for some second hand and you might be able to do it - 500.

• Supporters

Easy, get a rubber knife ;). Nothing more fun that entering a room, figuring out there are enemies in there who haven't noticed you, and individually knifing that all :).

In terms of silent guns, foam-lined suppressor a work abit; the one I have in my M4 brings down the noise from the gearbox a tad, but you are gonna have a hard time finding a way to silence a gun...

Unless you like throwing bbs, that's pretty quiet (jk).

Hi Guys, cheers for the replies so far. I forgot to add that i don't want a pistol as i prefer the ability to go a little trigger happy and therefore an Rifle / SMG suits me better.

Maybe something like a KJ Works KCO2 10/22? Those are blowback and semi (most CQB places are semi anyway).

Otherwise you won't find any silent rifles. As said by Samurai and Mr_B, your best bet would be an NBB pistol- such as the ASG or TM MK23 or KJW Ruger. KJW also make a carbine version of their Ruger called the Ruger MK1, although the KCO2 is far better IMO.

I had a mess around putting a load of that sound deadening foam in the body of a China P90 (£90 thing from airsoft world) as well as a silent piston head, that was pretty quiet, leave it on semi and it was almost as quiet as a NBB ruger. kind of a one off thing as taking it apart was extremely difficult.

were I to do it again, I'd take another P90 or an M14, but effectively cut the body in half and install some mounting plates so that I can stuff more foam in while retaining a dissasembly option, probably include an AB mosfet with precocking.

• Supporters

uhm - shotgun maybe ???

not sure just how quiet the cocking might be but suppose you could always slam fire it

or wtf - just get a fishing/baiting catapult - load with bb's, burst in room unleash silent hell - job done

Actually that could be a fun thing to have if ya getting owned or half the enemy team are closing in ya

"Have some of them bb apples !!!!"

Yeah kinda illegal site wise and most deffo way over 350fps if pulled right back etc.....

But would be kinda funny to do........

"Think there is just one of them left guys, lets light him up and finish this quickly....."

TWANG - "$HIT - hit hit hit hit hit hit hit - JEEEEZ THERE MUST BE 12 OF THEM LEFT"

(yeah I got a wicked sense of humour sometimes)

uhm - shotgun maybe ???

not sure just how quiet the cocking might be but suppose you could always slam fire it

This.

You're very unlikely to find a quiet gun that shoots fully auto. Shotguns are pretty quiet stock and can be made even quieter by filling any cavities in the body with foam - reduces vibration which causes most of the noise. Plus you can pick up a cheap single shot weapon for next to nothing (~£30 which is almost the price of a pistol mag) which gives you a reasonable back up weapon if your main ever fails you. My trishot always goes to games with me just in case of a weapon failure and the only time it's let me down was when some cheap shells I had in it wouldn't feed.

For a really silent gun get one of the MK23 models that has been suggested. I have one (the ASG version) and the only sound you hear from it is the hammer - which I intend to modify to get rid of that sound. Adding on a decent silencer and you've got a really good stealth weapon which can keep up with most AEGs - especially in CQB where everyone's restricted to semi auto.

If you get the ASG model don't use the suppressor. It contains an inner barrel that ramps up the FPS to above any sane CQB limit - mine reached between 440-450 which is DMR power. Just take the end cap off and the barrel should just fall out. Then line the suppressor with foam and tada! You have a gun people won't hear firing from more than 10 feet away.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.