Battery+Charger for G&G CM16?

OneRavo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to batteries and chargers.. So, which battery and charger would do I need for the G&G CM16 Carbine?

I was looking at this battery http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HH86QYM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3L13Y02044LBB

And this charger http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EC6NRH6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3J9BT7V3MU52N

Yep, both will do but obviously cut off the american plug and wire on a British plug

Yep, both will do but obviously cut off the american plug and wire on a British plug

It apparently is the UK version anyway. If not, I'd rather an adapter rather then trying to re-wire stuff and what not, lol. Thanks though, I guess I'll go with these!

Well or just an adaptor would be easier. It's what I do.

Look at batteries from Component Shop, at Patrol Base and LWA. Those are places I've found are good for buying batteries.

Not sure what they're like but I'd consider the WE chargers for £13-£15

There's also the IMAX B6 but don't think it has a Tamiya connector.

I would recommend switching your gun from mini Tamiya to Deans connectors because there's less resistance.

Then buy Deans wired LiPos and the IMAX B6. Patrol Base and Component Shop can change batteries to LiPo for you.

• Supporters

The IMAX B6 DOES come with Tamiya connectors however it doesn't come with a mains plug (needs a 12V power supply. The one to get is the IMAX B6AC which has a built in power supply so has a mains lead (it can also be powered by 12V DC battery but not ONLY 12V).

• Supporters

Lipo's have the edge, 7.4v with a deans connector will give you good performance

Probably a rating of 20C or 25C if price/size is good 1300+

Would maybe advise getting 2 x Lipo's - especially if you buy the 15C (would say 20C min myself)

Do not go for 11.1v lipo - stay at 7.4v - they perform great compared to 8.6v nimah's

If you fit a deans on there it will give an extra tiny bit of oomph & response - but don't go higher than 7.4v ffs

(or you need to fit to fit mosfet etc.....)

Maybe stick to a nunchuck battery type lipo as though a few "block" batteries may fit up front in handguard

you would probably be better/safer to get the twin stick nunchuck type to fit in the compartment & wrap around outer barrel etc...

length of sticks would probably be 100 - 125mm max I reckon but I don't have the CM16 carbine - this is a GUESS !!!

Best speak to component shop or maybe another member like Team Flex can enlighten us as to what Lipo's he used in his carbine

Like I say I can't offer you an exact model to get but I think 7.4v lipo nunchuck may be best type of battery to get

Nunchuck or Crane stock batteries are the popular type for airsoft - though some guns/stocks can use almost any type of battery

But with your choice - CM Carbine - think nunchuck is what you seek with its twin stick layout

100-125mm length & aprox 18 to 20mm in diameter/square - do not go over this as fitting may be very tight

This is just a rough rough guide though please double check any battery will fit BEFORE you purchase it - or ask around (Team Flex ??)

Also worth mentioning I'd make sure it's a genuine one? Because there are a lot of clones. From what I've seen almost all of them are fake on eBay...but then again doesn't necessarily mean they're bad. Dunno what most guys are actually using.

The gun you linked to with the regular plastic haggard should be able to take most batteries. You could use Nimh ( nickel Metal Hydride ) batteries or newer Lipo / LiFe packs.

The Nimh are bigger and lower performing but easier and safer, in theory. A Nimh Mini Battery should fit in your choice of gun.

The newer tech batteries like Lipo's are supposedly a bit more dangerous and have been known to catch fire if abused. Don't let this frighten you as long as you use a suitable charger and watch how you charge it,preferably on a hard surface or in a Lipo Charging bag which you can buy for a fiver you will be fine. Also do not subject the batteries to abuse, such a puncture or bend them. Lip's perform a lot better than Nimh so do not go above a 7.4v pack, it will perform the same or better than a Nimh 10.8v. An 11.1v Lipo will make you gun run fast with great trigger response but it will also kill you gun a lot faster!

One other thing to bare in mind, never fully discharge a lipo or you will kill it, a lip alarm will prevent this, it simply plug into the charging lead and an red led/audible beep tells you when to stop using it and discharge.

This is the battery I use, you may find a larger one will fit but I know this will fit easy ( infact you could carry a second on in the gun ready to just swap the connectors over.

http://www.component...po-battery.html

The charger I use iirc or a very similar one

http://www.component...e-with-psu.html

The charging bag ( not essential but good for piece of mind ).

http://www.component...-bag-large.html

Lipo Alarm, this one does not have audible beep, so just check it when in safe zone or at lunch.

http://www.component...-7-4-14-8v.html

Any decent airsoft shop should be able to advise you and supply similar gear and if bought along with a gun there is a good chance of a discount. If not Component shop a good to deal with.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.