Radio problems

Mr Monkey Nuts

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Righto, two transceivers both Baofeng, one a 888s and one a UV5R. Both programmed via CHIRP to the standard 8 UK PMR 446 Channels.

Both transmit and receive on the correct channels, however the 888s will overlap onto the next channel. For example if i'm using C5 on the UV5r I can transmit to it from both C4 and C5 from the 888.

Any ideas or suggestions? Attached are my settings, feel free to make any constructive comments, I feel a bit out of my depth with all this.

Likes as a reward xx

post-9152-0-26420800-1426624139_thumb.jpg

post-9152-0-82220400-1426624119_thumb.jpg

Yes they are both on narrow and they do the same on wide, they do it upto 500m apart too. I believe its something called transmission radiation and I need to adjust the frequency offset, but they are just words, I have no clue how to practicably do that.

lesson for yall kids, Baofengs .... stick to argos value PMR446, its not worth the agro.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.