Light weight boots

Josh95

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

I have some quite heavy Leather Magnum boots...Dont get me wrong theyre great boots.

but theyre just soo heavy, what would people say is the best light weight boot for an airsoft environment. Lets face it we dont need big heavy combat boots for airsoft its not like im going to get shrapnel kicking about in my foot.

I want something both light and flexible with ankle support, the Magnum boots dont really flex much it hurts my ankles by the end of the day.

Guest PT247

I wear Magnums too, mine are very flexible. I have the waterproof ones with a side zip and tbh they are not much heavier than a pair of hi-top trainers. How new are your boots? They may just need bedding in, or just not doing up quite so tight.... I don't use the top holes on the laces either so that may help with flexibility! :-)

They became your everyday shoes? I wouldn't be allowed out the house in them!

• Supporters

If you like the fit and feel of Magnums there are much lighter versions out there. Also have a look at the Viper boots if you don't want to spend silly money!

For outdoors i go for a pair of Karimoor, lightweight, waterproof, comfortable , good grip and nice and cheap from places like Sports Direct. If you're not bothered about having military boots then i'd go for a pair of these.

Indoors just a pair of airwalks lol

thanks for the idea, i like the look of the hightop trainer style ones.

I think my main issue isnt my boots, its just i like to be quite active when i play running a lot and combat boots arnt really designed for running

• Supporters

combat boots arnt really designed for running

Pretty sure squaddies manage to do a bit of running about in them.....

There's loads of lightweight walking style boots that get co-opted for military use and then spawn military versions (Lowa Zephyr springs to mind) but you didn't really give a limit on cost so it's difficult to suggest the right kind of thing really. Personally I use Merrel Sawtooths but they're like rocking horse poo these days and won't give you much change from £120 a pair. Do you need them to be waterproof for outdoor games or light and grippy for CQB?

Pretty sure squaddies manage to do a bit of running about in them.....

Uhhh yeah, just a bloody bit :)

I still use my old combat assault boots from my army days and that was 15 odd years ago, still got life in them, I did have a pair of magnums aswell but they got covered in shit from building sites

There still comfy now but then I'm used to them, I like the weight as its a bit of security on muddy terrain but then I know for some airsofters, its about the Gucci factor and looking good/cool

• Supporters

Uhhh yeah, just a bloody bit :)

I still use my old combat assault boots from my army days and that was 15 odd years ago, still got life in them, I did have a pair of magnums aswell but they got covered in sh*t from building sites

There still comfy now but then I'm used to them, I like the weight as its a bit of security on muddy terrain but then I know for some airsofters, its about the Gucci factor and looking good/cool

There's certainly an amount of tacticool involved I'm sure but for many (I for one) it's more to do with comfort and ankle support. I'm not a big rufty tufty ex soldier so I don't have the fitness to not notice the weight of heavy boots nor do I use my boots enough to batter them into submission so they need to be light and flexible from the off. I used to use my old work Magnum Patrol safety boots but I found that whilst incredibly comfortable they got heavy by the end of the day (steel toecaps, see). hence I started doing the self same thing plenty of folks do and got sucked into the "must buy super leet Zephyr GTX nothing else will do" thing. Easily done really. Having said that at the time the only boots Viper were doing only came in multiglam (just not me) and decent Magnums have got expensive. So much so that when I managed to find a pair of Sawtooths on ebay from the US they weren't much pricier than a high end pair of Magnums over here.

They became your everyday shoes? I wouldn't be allowed out the house in them!

The yellow toned down quickly and they were never as yellow as the photo. I also replaced the laces with 5mm round leather cord.

I've got a pair of Oakley SI assault boots which I nicked picked up from TK max for £40. I really love them, one of the best pairs of boots I've ever owned.

If you find the anywhere for cheap, don't hesitate. They are up to £165 or so new though.

ive been doing some research, and a lot of the new desert spec boots look really nice.

A lot of people seem to recommend the Nike SFB, but its pretty pricey at $140

these look nice too, wish they did it in brown or green tho

The Rocky® C4T Trainer Military Duty BootMILITARY DUTY BOOT

Best boots I've used are the Salomon 4D GTX's so light great ankle support and the work really well with bth my camo patterns (multicam & AOR1) tad expensive at around £120-130 but really work the money

Best boots I've used are the Salomon 4D GTX's so light great ankle support and the work really well with bth my camo patterns (multicam & AOR1) tad expensive at around £120-130 but really work the money

I second that! I'm saving for my second pair to wear everyday! Salomon make the comfiest shoes/boots I've ever worn (I'm a Postman with Plantea Faciitis in both feet, saved my job by wearing these boots), only downer is that the soles are fairly soft so they'll wear quicker than most shoes. If you don't want to go down the waterproof boot route then I recommend the EXIT GTX Aero, I've had 4 pairs over the years and they're like wearing slippers! I think they've been superceeded but you can still get old stock online.

Note: I do not work for Salomon lol..

• Supporters

I second that! I'm saving for my second pair to wear everyday! Salomon make the comfiest shoes/boots I've ever worn (I'm a Postman with Plantea Faciitis in both feet, saved my job by wearing these boots), only downer is that the soles are fairly soft so they'll wear quicker than most shoes. If you don't want to go down the waterproof boot route then I recommend the EXIT GTX Aero, I've had 4 pairs over the years and they're like wearing slippers! I think they've been superceeded but you can still get old stock online.

Note: I do not work for Salomon lol..

If you haven't already, get some custom orthotic insoles from your local hospital and also a dorsal night splint. Fixed my plantar fasciitis a treat.

If you haven't already, get some custom orthotic insoles from your local hospital and also a dorsal night splint. Fixed my plantar fasciitis a treat.

I think we've had this discussion before lol I find the high arch support of the Salomons are perfect for my feet! I had the insoles but they kept sliding about inside my shoes plus I wore them through in a month! (Being a Postman I've walked about 9 miles a day for the last 16 years :( ). Funnily enough I told a friend about the night splints and they worked a treat for him!

• Supporters

I think we've had this discussion before lol I find the high arch support of the Salomons are perfect for my feet! I had the insoles but they kept sliding about inside my shoes plus I wore them through in a month! (I've walk about 9 miles a day for the last 16 years :( ). Funnily enough I told a friend about the night splints and they worked a treat for him!

Ha ha! Yeah I think you're right!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.