Accuracy

Qlimax

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Accuracy is affected by

- inconsistencies in gas from the gearbox

- Hop unit and how evenly the force applied to the BB backspin is

- The quality of the barrel ie its bore consistency and straightness

You don't mention who made the barrels (not a good sign, the claimed inner diameter is worthless to determine the quality of the barrel fyi) and also I can't determine if the G&G TR4 was using the same gearbox or a different one, I am assuming a different one since its a different gun. So it could be the barrels, it could be the gearbox or it might be something to do with the hop buckings and their interaction with the nub/chamber. But 95m of range suggests massive amounts of overhop with a very high FPS.

• Supporters

Accuracy is affected by

- inconsistencies in gas from the gearbox

- Hop unit and how evenly the force applied to the BB backspin is

- The quality of the barrel ie its bore consistency and straightness

You don't mention who made the barrels (not a good sign, the claimed inner diameter is worthless to determine the quality of the barrel fyi) and also I can't determine if the G&G TR4 was using the same gearbox or a different one, I am assuming a different one since its a different gun. So it could be the barrels, it could be the gearbox or it might be something to do with the hop buckings and their interaction with the nub/chamber. But 95m of range suggests massive amounts of overhop with a very high FPS.

the 6.08 is a brand new TM barrel.

the 6.03 is a standard G&G TBB barrel.

the range has nothing to do with massive over hop since the range is due to it being an SMP so 95m is normal and over distance its consistent. everything you've mentioned isn't a helpful answer.

Also my Fps is 290Fps.

Is that 95 airsoft metres? E.G 50 actual metres. What kind of barrels do they have? What's the fps and is it consistant?

• Supporters

Is that 95 airsoft metres? E.G 50 actual metres. What kind of barrels do they have? What's the fps and is it consistant?

No its actually 90metres as in 90 metres.

all the info as above to what you've asked

I have to agree with Dex, The only reviews seen/people I know who can hit 80+ using an SMP is with an R-Hop, 407 mm barrel and shooting 400+ FPS with a .25. Not meaning to take anything away from you and I hope it doesnt come across as I am.

If you laser measured out 90m and recorded a video, I'd buy one.......instantly. I was considering getting the new Wolverine Hyrda and actually emailed the grange today about it, I was speaking to them about getting it put into a broken Famas I have :P

However my Tippmans have performed really well, have great range plus the added recoil. Not to mention for £380 I get an entire gun.

But if a wolverine unit can really hit that far, I know what my next purchase will be :)

Plus it would be awesome to take a Famas to a game and no one have a clue what's inside lol

In regards to the accuracy, with the gas flow it's widely documented that you for for a wide bore barrel, 6.13 up to 6.23. There's god knows how many discussions about wide bores and their performance.

On a side note, if I do pick up an Hyrda/SMP would I be able to ping you a few questions seeing as you've got one and did the install etc

Laser measured? Whats wrong with a tape measure?

And remember that at 90m it starts to get difficult to PID a target without magnifying optics, even with good vision and bright tape on their arms.

A quarter gram bb staying true at that range is serious sniper territory... proof or it didnt happen

I agree, I have a tanaka M700 on HPA and even with all the upgrades 90m is still an accomplishment at 330 fps.

• Supporters

And remember that at 90m it starts to get difficult to PID a target without magnifying optics, even with good vision and bright tape on their arms.

With hitting 90 meters at 290 fps you already broke the laws of physics, so just bend the lightwaves and you can clearly see that far. :P

Hey, i never said that 90m was impossible, but i suspect you must have a literally perfect gun that is cared for like a baby. No imperfections, perfect hop, and never knocked more than a gentle bump

the 6.08 is a brand new TM barrel.

the 6.03 is a standard G&G TBB barrel.

the range has nothing to do with massive over hop since the range is due to it being an SMP so 95m is normal and over distance its consistent. everything you've mentioned isn't a helpful answer.

Also my Fps is 290Fps.

And how exactly is all of what he wrote useless..?

• Supporters

Just to make a point to you all and prove you all wrong. At the weekend I will get my a photograph of the range showing the distance in Metres. My local site has a 50m range which you can clearly see each BB going down.

also Hudson I don't recall using the word Useless do you? ?? No don't think so. Helpful is what I used so if everyone is going to be picky littlw girls then I will be too.

this thread is a prime example of airsofters bitching at their best. Someone asks for genuine answers to help and rather than help you pick and bitch over the slightest thing. That's why I asked Mods to close as I knew the minute I got the first reply it was going to be a waste of time

• Supporters

You are right about the topic being derailed, it's just this very bold statement to shoot 95m with 290fps that got the animal out of us.

I can shoot 50 meters with my pistol. I can't shoot 90 meters even with my 500fps sniper gun unless shooting way above the target and it's a good gun. I also heard many times that it will be proved with proper test and video, but never heard back from those guys.

Actually some of my old fellow airsofters are doing a test day this Staurday. They rented a 100+ meter empty warehouse and doing some properly documented airsoft mythbusting. They will write an article about it, and if they are okay with that, I'll translate the results to bad English.

• Supporters

So my laser measurer is slight off, it records 90m from standing point to what I am shooting at. Google Maps show it as 74.66m so slightly shy but still it’s doing a long distance more than what your all saying.

post-6899-0-16715200-1426602914_thumb.png

• Supporters

The other problem, pretty much all that have replied to this thread do not know me nor have interacted with me, those that do know me will know before I post anything like this I check everything first to make sure what I am posting is as accuracy as it possibly can be.

My laser distance measurer says 90m, google maps says 74.66m which isn’t much different. Now I wouldn’t come on here and say then that even at the lower distance it’s doing that is it wasn’t because it is.

The main problem is everyone is focused on the range of it. I haven’t once said I am trying to shoot at some stupidly far away to get accuracy.. No I haven’t. What I’ve actually said for accuracy I am shooting at 15m which is a reasonable distance.

I have a good guess what is wrong here, based on the range and the barrels in use and such I think I know what is happening, infact I am fairly certain I can help you, I just needed to know about the overhop and the barrel manufacturers. But lets be honest you have kind of treated me pretty poorly, so I am out. Good luck getting your gun fixed.

At no point was anyone bitching, people were querying it, myself included. Reason being I was considering getting an SMP and 90m sounded damn impressive. 70m sounds bang on for a half decent gun on HPA.

In regards to a helpful answer,as mentioned HPA gun's are widely documented as working well with wide bores.

"wide bore barrels provides better accuracy because the air around the BB forms a tunnel preventing it from bouncing irregularly inside the barrel and as the polar star fusion engine can provide almost unlimited air flow so no worries about losing FPS"

As I don't own an SMP yet, I can't comment myself, but I know from using other guns that the slight vibrations from the GB can affect the barrel. Might be s simple suggestion, but is the inner barrel reallt tight inside the outer?

• Supporters

I have a good guess what is wrong here, based on the range and the barrels in use and such I think I know what is happening, infact I am fairly certain I can help you, I just needed to know about the overhop and the barrel manufacturers. But lets be honest you have kind of treated me pretty poorly, so I am out. Good luck getting your gun fixed.

Brightcandle, let me apologies to you as my opening thread said i was extremely annoyed with the whole situation and i felt as if you were trating me as if i was supid and didn't know what i was doing but i realise that was my frustration setting in. please accept my apologires. i've realised my attitude was piss poor and should have conducted myself better, even more so since i have been a member of this forum for sometime. Again my apologies.

I have since resolved my problem,

Miracle barrel, Pro-Win hop & prommy purple. Shooting as it shiould be

• Supporters

Congrats on getting it to work. I'm still debating on whether or not to get one. Just spent out on an PTS ERG xD

I'd get defo. My next is the new Hydra SMP with bluetooth

that's what I've been told to do. The shop I spoke to said it's coming out soon so I thought I would wait. Only issue is it's so expensive, plus the cost of the LPR :(

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.