Sending a RIF via parcelforce HELP

cropzy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I just filled in the form, no lying and then printed it off and sent it off. Arrived with the owner in very good condition, I am very happy with parcelforce

• Supporters

I always declare it. That way there's no debate if there's an issue. Make sure you get sufficient insurance too.

I had to when i sent parts, just say it's a toy. Sometimes they'll ask if it's metal, plastic, has batteries etc... I just said metal frame for a toy.

I'd avoid saying the word "gun" cuz that isn't usually associated with nice things :D Especially when your posting it as well.

I use UPS, cheaper and quicker and don't have to declare anything.

Regularly use them - just declare it when you ship it or they can flag it.

• Supporters

Haha, I'm gonna be in the same boat as you kerby. Also, If you are sending gas mags shouldn't you empty them?

Declare it as a RIF if its a RIF when you post it, Parcelforce 48 are fine with carrying them (though Post Office staff don't always know this), make sure its tracked & insured, something like a UMP will be around £12 -15, best to put your and their UKARA nos on in the to/from addresses, but (especially if it involves airmail at any point) DON'T send batteries with it as they are basically banned by PF unless new in original packaging, or gas mags for same reason (anything that is or CAN BE pressurized). If you want to risk sending a battery post it in a jiffy envelope or small box seperately (at least if it doesn't get there its better than having the rif destroyed).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.