Hi there from Surrey

Aunty Pasty

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I've been a lurker on this forum for a few months now so I thought I'd join and hopefully be a bit more active here. I discovered the world of airsoft last autumn after seeing some pistols in a shop window and wondering how a toy gun could possibly cost so much. So after looking it all up I tried a few games, found I liked it and got myself UKARA registered.

I'm pretty new to all this and still just go out in some old clothes with an assault vest on top. I notice I'm at the older end of the spectrum compared to most players but I feel as long as I can move ok that should't be a problem. I'm not a ninja but I can still duck.

Anyway, have fun out there and be nice!

I read something the other day as a review and it said something like older guys go here - some are 30-40 - haha.

Youre as old as you tell yourself you are.

PS Im early fifties going on ten lol We have our own series of milsims running round the M25 from you and the youngest is 18 and the oldest are in their fifties. Age doesnt matter.

Im 37 trapped in a 67 year old body until I dose up on the pain killers (permanent army injuries) not as fit as I used to be but I can still keep up with the young'uns

My brothers in his 50's with arthritis but that doesn't stop him joining in from time to time, he sits in the safe zone minding his shop most of the time

Dont let age hold you back, there's a guy on here in a wheel chair who goes to game days

• Supporters

Yea, I know of one funny story from The Mall; apparently a group of guys wanted to throw their paralysed friend an airsoft party. The gave him akimbo G36s and hid behind him; as he has no feeling waist-down, he wasn't required to take hits there. They worked as a unit to carry him up and down stairs and he apparently was extremely happy. So literally anyone can enjoy the sport; my 12yo sister loves taking one of my extra springer pistols and running around in the backyard with it as well.

Yea, I know of one funny story from The Mall; apparently a group of guys wanted to throw their paralysed friend an airsoft party. The gave him akimbo G36s and hid behind him; as he has no feeling waist-down, he wasn't required to take hits there. They worked as a unit to carry him up and down stairs and he apparently was extremely happy. So literally anyone can enjoy the sport.

I heard the same story on her aswell, I think they were using him as a tank aswell lol

• Supporters

Hello from Basingstoke! Where in Surrey are you?

• Supporters

I live in Woking. I commute up towards Reading for work.

Cool. I grew up in Camberley, live in Basingstoke now. You should definitely come to the Malls!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.