G&G mp5 a4 stock pin

uniweekendwarrior

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all does anyone know where I can get a replacement stock pin for my G&G tgm a4 mp5? Not sure what size or type of pin I need. Thanks in advance people

• Supporters

I have the A5 version at home at the minute - if you can wait a bit I'll measure the pin for you. Most places seem to stock the handguard pin but I'm pretty sure the stock pin is larger and longer. If it's the same as a real steel one you can get them pretty cheap from here: http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-German-Butt-Stock-Push-Pin-83p76.htm but I'm not exactly sure on size right now.

• Supporters

Overall length of the pin is 40mm, diameter of the shaft is 6mm so that real one I linked to is a little fat but you could run a 7mm drill through the hole to make it fit if that's your only option. You could try emailing G&G customer support though. They're pretty good and don't charge the earth for spares!

Am at work and cannot paste a link but if you search on amazon under sports and leisure for 'MP5 pin' you will find what you want. There are actually 2 styles, a 2 part screw together thing and spring loaded pins, either work but the spring loaded ones are better as it's a lot less hassle.

• Supporters

The stock pin is longer than the normal handguard pins most people sell. You need to make sure it's the right length.

It should work. Thats the set I used on my MP5.

The other design looks like this:

Classic_Army_Pin_51b3262fe51b9.jpg

The 2 types of pin are interchangable but the sprung ones are less fiddly.

• Supporters

It should work. Thats the set I used on my MP5.

The other design looks like this:

Classic_Army_Pin_51b3262fe51b9.jpg

The 2 types of pin are interchangable but the sprung ones are less fiddly.

The g&g mp5 doesn't have the same cross shaped cut outs to accept the ends of those pins.

• Supporters

IMAG1018.jpg

That's a set from the g&g mp5 that's in bits on my bench right now.

Ok I think I know what I'm looking for now :) thanks for the help guys. Oh yeah quick question what do you know about the wiring? Does it need a fuse? The gun fires when the battery is connected straight to the motor but if I use the extension cable or the fuse cable provided it doesn't fire. The fuse isn't blown and there's no obvious nicks or damage to the cable.

• Supporters

Could be knackered trigger contacts.

• Supporters

You mean wired straight to the motor or through the trigger as well?

• Supporters

OK - the connector you're going onto in the first picture still uses the trigger contacts so if it works that way then the trigger is fine as is the gearbox. Does your battery go in the stock or the handguard?

• Supporters

In that case I'd suggest ditching the extension wire. Or if your battery lead is too short get a new lead from www.componentshop.co.uk

• Supporters

A fuse is good to have but not essential. The one I have right now is not mine and it's the A5 with a sliding stock so the battery is in the foregrip. I'd suggest bubble wrap if it's rattling about though.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.