Best all round AEG

maximo17000

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone! I am stuck on what to buy as a good all round gun. I need around 350fps with good accuracy. I have a budget of £300. At the minute I have a G&G combat machine which is not great at all only shoots at 250fps and I cant hit anything at any distance.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

• Supporters

I doubt your combat machine only hits 250, if it does then your spring is probably buggered. But anything TM, with their magic hops, is good. ICS also makes some good stuff, as does G&P.

• Supporters

Hi everyone! I am stuck on what to buy as a good all round gun. I need around 350fps with good accuracy. I have a budget of £300. At the minute I have a G&G combat machine which is not great at all only shoots at 250fps and I cant hit anything at any distance.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

You don't need a new gun, you need to fix the one you've got. A G&G CM in good condition should perform far better than that. Chances are the hop rubber needs replacing and possibly the nozzle. Both cheap and relatively easy to do.

I would concur that repairing your existing gun will likely fix the issue for a lot less cash. If you want a new gun then by all means buy one, but maintaining them is a big part of the hobby and you'll either want to pay a tech to do the work to repair it or learn to do it youself. Airsoft guns break, all the time. You don't just throw them away when they do, they aren't that cheap.

Then get a second gun but repair the CM anyway. It's always good to have a spare and if you can practice doing basic maintenance once it is not your main gun, there's less pressure.

Which gun is best is down to how you plan to use it (CQB, sniping, spray and pray, sneaking about) and how you want it to look.

If you have an M4, consider a nice AK with wooden furniture so that you can do milsims on either team. Maybe an M14 for when you want a bit more precision. Hell I dunno, maybe if you tell us what gun you have your eye on, we can advise you which manufacturer to go with?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.