Foreign Airosfter, must enslave myself to UKARA, or not?

Materia

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I might* get back to the UK [for some time], but I wonder if I had problems with airsofting being a foreigner without UKARA, or noone/hardly anyone would care? I know there are sites, need to pay for them, two tone guns for teens, and couple other limitations. Mine ASGun is full black, not going to repaint it. I also wonder... if I had problems at the border when trying to cross it, with my army equipment, which is real... at the age of terrorism, suspicious people travelling all around the world. I think someone might have a problem with what Im trying to bring in. British Customs always check everything, after crossing the La Manche/English Channel, luckily I dont look like a Musli, which is +1 for me.

* Or not, who knows where will I go, BUT If...

You may have issues bringing your airsoft gun into the country, I suggest you phone UK customs and ask.

Once you are here; as with anyone regardless of nationality, in the UK you'll be fine as long as you dont do anything daft with your airsoft gun (wave around in public etc)

When i got my UKARA there was no requirement to prove i was a UK national and you should be able to get UKARA in the same manner as anyone else. You'll only need to do this if you wish to buy another airsoft gun (not two-tone painted) in the UK.

If you can get your current gun into the country and dont want to buy another then you don't need UKARA. If you play enough to be entitled to get UKARA, then you might as well get it.

• Supporters

You need defence when you want to import (bring from abroad) your RIF. Defence can be UKARA but if you can prove you are an airsofter, that's okay too. For example if you are a registered member of an airsoft club, and you have the paperwork, that should work - if they can check it somehow. Or you have booked for an airsoft event here in the UK and the site can confirm it, that should also work. So you can prove you are an airsofter without UKARA but it's harder. And if that doesn't work out, the rifs will be destroyed.

Once your RIF is here, you don't need anything, it's legal to own them.

As for the other equipment: if those are legal to own and import to the UK, it should be ok.

When I moved here, I two-toned my gun by changing the stock and the frontset to some cheap ones painted bright green. I also brought the normal parts. Then I booked for an airsoft event, and switched them to the proper ones on site (manufactured RIF, but since I was at the airsoft event, that was my defence). Switched back to IF at the end of the game. I did that 3 times got my UKARA number, and imported the rest of my rifs.

There are 2 issues to deal with: Security checks related to terrorism on the transport routes and then customs.

For the security checks, consult the airline/ferry company etc

http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/php/phpBB2/download/file.php?id=11292 page 12 is the bit you need to read but basically you need a valid defence, which means proof that your guns are for airsoft. Any memberships along with booking details for the games you are going to etc. There is also a helpline number.

Also you need to comply with the laws of any country you are travelling through if you drive. For example unless you are Dutch, you cannot take airsoft guns into Holland.

Another problem I see is the battery's as airlines/freight lines won't allow battery's on board so you may need to post/mail them over to the uk

• Supporters

Another problem I see is the battery's as airlines/freight lines won't allow battery's on board so you may need to post/mail them over to the uk

If they're LiPo batteries it can be just as problematic to post them. For the money they cost I'd just buy new ones over here.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.