New player from midlands

Cady

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone, been reading the forum for a while now and just signed up. Got into airsoft last year and recently got a Ukara number, so decided to get some new stuff and get more active :) Only site i've played at so far is The towers in leicester,but would like to visit a lot more CQB sites in the midlands and especially the Mall,so if people know any good ones let me know!

Got my first gun today, a WE M92 biohazard so if anyone could give me some tips on how to look after it properly, that'd be much appreciated since i have a lot of learning still to do! Also have a Cyma Mp5 on the way from TG,i know they make decent AK guns but couldn't seem to find much on their Mp5's so thought given the price i'd give it a go.

My new pistol:

10385283_10205323841428601_4364486071345

• Supporters

Hello, and welcome.

Nice piece you got there, nicer than either of my two pistols. The Mall is my primary site; perhaps we will see each other there. As a matter of fact, there are quite a few people on here who frequent The Mall, so just throw out a comment a few days before you go and see if anyone responds. I've met up with Kurtz and one other person there before, and I will definatly recommend it.

Thanks :) it feels pretty solid so far and shoots quite straight (super uneducated review). Is there any particular way you look after your pistols i should take note of?

Yea thanks i'll do that for sure! i have a few friends that play,but not too often so it'd be cool to meet a few other people.

• Supporters

Get some oil for it, spray everything that moves on it lightly whenever anything seems dry. Also, use some silicon grease (or 144a maintenance gas) on the mags every 10 mags or so.

Welcome to the site mate! Where abouts in the midlands you from? I ask because there's plenty of good sites in the region like MAW in Melton Mowbray, Com Site 3 (RIFT) in Banbury and The Gaol in Oakham.

The Mall is definitely a site everyone needs to play at least once. It's pretty epic. I went about 9 months ago and really enjoyed it - just a hassle for me to get there otherwise I'd go more often. I've seen a few vids online and would definitely go to a zombie event there - it's the perfect place for it haha

I'm from Rugby,so i'm lucky enough to be about an hour away from most places in the midlands :) I'll have a look on google at the sites you've pointed out definitely, i want to get around as many places as i can.

Just had a quick question regarding my pistol (you'll have to forgive my lack of knowledge for now,sorry). If i grab the tip of the barrel,i can pull forward,and there is maybe 5mm or so of play in it back and forth. Is that normal for a GBB?

• Supporters

Yea, some barrel wobble is OK, I can do the same if the slide is back.

Thanks,reassuring to know it isn't a huge problem. Mine will do it regardless of slide position,however when the slide is back there is a huge amount of play. Maybe it's just down to the build quality...

• Supporters

Feel free to open it up and check the screws

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.