AegCart Asia (aegcartasia.com)

ForestFighter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I went looking for 5 MAG brand AK74 magazines and was recommended this site.

The prices were very reasonable and competitive with eHobby Asia - who were my first choice, but were out of stock at the time. Hence, I went to place an order.

Firstly, I filled out the order form and opted to pay by paypal. For some reason, paypal wouldn't authourise payment. In all fairness, they (AegCart Asia) emailed me straight away to tell me as such, and told me I could either pay directly to their email address through paypal, or place a second order and that hopefully that order would go through. I opted for the latter and entered the exact same info, aside from using the email address tied to my paypal account as a contact, instead of my regular one. The second order went through successfully and, again, they emailed me to confirm this and thank me.

I'm not sure if the payment issue was the difference in email address between paypal and contact, or if the problem was their end, but it was a problem nonetheless.

Delivery was quick, taking around a week to reach me.

However, having just opened the package, there are 5 CYMA AK47 midcaps, not the 5 MAG AK74 midcaps I thought I had ordered.

So in summary; some issues ordering, the customer service was very good, as was the delivery time, but I have ended up overall with totally the wrong product. Not sure if this is just an outlier in terms of their track record, but I would be lying if I said I'm not slightly annoyed.

Based on my own personal experience, I won't be ordering from here again.

• Root Admin

I've made three orders from these chaps now. One is in the post right now and the other two I've had just fine. I'd thoroughly recommend them based off my experience as I have had to contact their customer support before and they seem to be very quick to respond.

Did you try speaking to them about the midcaps? They probably won't even ask for you to send them back so you'll end up with some free stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Just a follow-up. Got some new sights for my G18c; they sent me white instead of the green ones I ordered and didn't offer to replace them when I asked. Can't say I'm that bothered, but if it'd have been a mix-up on anything more significant then it would've been a bit more than annoying.

• 6 months later...
  • Root Admin

Update on this. Made another two orders since the last time I posted.

Neither have gone quite to plan. The first they sent me the wrong shells for a Marui M870 without telling me they were out of stock of the colour I ordered. Granted, functionally they're identical but I felt like they must have known at the time and never sent a courtosy e-mail so I could order elsewhere. Obviously a return was out of the question as that's a lot of money and would probably make up about 50% of what I paid.

Just recently I ordered some very niche RA-Tech magazines that are out of stock everywhere but three places I could find. I e-mailed them a week beforehand to ensure the item was in stock (it said so on the webpage, but as said above that doesn't always mean they have it). They never replied but I made the order anyway.

Low and behold it was out of stock, but they shipped the rest of the other (literally just some replacement M870 springs) and didn't say a thing until I e-mailed them asking why. They've finally refunded me for the magazines after saying I could wait until they were back in stock and then going back on that by saying they weren't going to get any more in stock any time soon (the magazines are likely discontinued so this is no surprise, but they still dilly-dallied for two days before saying this).

All in all, I can't recommend them anymore. Their selection is good, but their service is utter bullshit and their less-than-honest approach towards shipping you items you never ordered (basically items of different colour) then hiding behind their 'money back guarantee' (for which you must pay the return fee) is absolutely scummy to say the least (see my bit about G18c sights and M870 shells/magazines).

Avoid. There are plenty of other small retailers in HK that deserve your patronage more.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.