What gun to get?

Adbells

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am new to airsoft and want to get into it. I have gone a couple times with the hired gun and really enjoyed. However I am struggling to decide on which gun to get as obviously I am not an expert.

I was considering either the ICS g33 or the G&G GC1-46 both from zero one.

Could you guys give me any advice on these guns or any recommendations ( my budget is £250 ).

Thanks.

• Supporters

Do you have a UKARA number? Are you over 18? If no, then wait till you do/ you are, THEN get yourself a nice gun. £250 can get you quite abit though, so you have many options, which others on here are more suited to tell you about. It also depends; do you prefer CQB, woodland, or a mix? This is a main starting point on airsoft buying. Also, whatever you get, unless it's a pistol get an AEG.

Well there's a lot of choice...

ICS and G&G are both good manufacturers. G&P also make guns from £225+

Is £250 including extra magazines / battery / charger / kit or any other extras, or just the gun itself?

Noticed it's your first post, so welcome to the forums by the way :)

Thanks for the advice, £250 is excluding extras and I am looking to do a mixture of woodland and cqb.

Another question: how durable is the polymer that g36's are made of and would you suggest a metal gun instead

Thanks

Depends on the manufacturer. My dad has an Umarex one but it's definitely a budget gun and it feels quite cheap (but not so bad like I thought it would break if I dropped it)

I imagine ICS on the other hand will be good quality polymer but will see if there are any replies about that. I'm sure someone must have used one.

JG are supposed to make good G36s too.

An M4 would give your more upgrade options in the long term though because it's the most commonly made gun and there are so many easily available parts for the AR platform.

I don't think any of them over £200 are going to not be metal.

Go for the G33. M4's are just so boring and there are plenty of extras you can add to a G36 to make it look awesome.

The polymer used on most G36's will be tough enough. You may want to look at the JG G36's on Taiwangun.com as they have a big range and it will probably work out cheaper. I particularly like the G36SD with the rail system extending partway over the suppressor: http://www.taiwangun.com/en/608-7-jg?from=listing&campaign-id=19

Regarding the JG G36, watch out for the FPS on Chinese guns. They can be a bit inconsistent, so the FPS on one gun could be 30fps off from what another gun chucks out. That's just down to the lower level of quality control I think. It's just a friendly bit of advice as no one wants to turn up ready for a skirmish but find out they can't play because their gun is too hot (Happened to me about 4 times so far :'( ). Maybe get a new spring and someone to fit it.

Note: I'm not saying don't buy Chinese guns; They can be amazing. My favourite guns, in five years of playing, have been Chinese clones, without even upgrading them :lol: I would suggest Chinese guns because they are cheap platforms that are clones, so they're compatible with a lot of aftermarket parts, means you can keep the same gun for years if you want :)

• Supporters

Look at secondhand kit mate, for £250 you can get a lot of gun, or a good gun with lots of mags or other accessories.

^^^^^^^^

This. A thousand times.

• Supporters

If you dont want to get second hand kit look at the ICS Cxp 16 polymer version its solid and quite cheap. I know a couple of people who have used them for over a year and never had any issues. They are easy to upgrade and accessories are easy to get,really good gun for the price.

You'll find people will recommend different weapons (including me) but I think the simple answer is get to an airsoft shop and handle different weapons

I'm a lover of my G&G M4 & my JG G36C, my M4's been upgraded internally with a few external accessories and my G36C has a downgraded spring as it was way to hot

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.