WE PX4 Storm - Is it worth it?

RabidNinja64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Considering i have ~£100 to spend on a decent pistol i can finally call my own that ISN'T a glock, I've eyed up this beauty, alongside one of the dragons from WE's hi-cap series.

Regardless of that, Can anyone give me an insight to this particular model? from what i know, it's well worth the asking retail price of Airsoft World, and compared to the TM model, which is £200 for an all plastic gun, I'd think it's worth it.

Also, can it run on propane? Some reviews say it's okay, but a closer source (a friend of a friend) said his slide blew to bits.

Well first thing I can say is don't get a WE 1911 / Hi Capa. They're notoriously sh*t. Maybe OK in hot weather but no good here.

I'd have thought they should work fine with propane as it's the same as green gas (w/out silicone oil) and seems most of people actually use green gas in TMs.

If the PX4 is anything like the M9 it could be either good or bad. If it's based off the old model it might not be great, the M9A1 version however is newer and improved a lot. I don't know if they were released around the same time or not.

Maybe the slide issue could suggest it's actually based on the older M9 (as older Marui pistols couldn't handle stronger gas as well, then Marui re-designed their gas valves to withstand green gas)

In which case I would avoid.

I saw in a YouTube video (one of Jarek4's) he had a WE Barry Burton M9 slide blow up on him too.

BUT

Don't take my input too strongly as I've never actually used or owned one personally. :\

Yes. Its a direct copy of the Marui PX4 bar the metal slide and is a superb little gun for the price. That being said if you can afford the Marui get it. I love mine to bits.

Ive got the WE PX4 which is based on the real Beretta PX4 Type F 9mm with reinforced fibreglass technopolymer frame and black Bruniton steel slide albeit without trades. I run mine on Predator Ultra gas and haven't had any problems.

Well most people, from what i know, tend to upgrade the TM model with metal slide anyway; and even then, the WE model is compatible with the TM magazines, which i do like. havent heard many bad things about the WE model, and i tend to avoid TM due to most of their lineup consists of plastic slides/recievers.

Then again, saying that, I can personally say to NOT to go anywhere near the VFC GBB lineup; have a partially bust MP7 bagged under my bed and awaiting some replacement return nozzle springs to repair it, which were a BITCH to get hold of; easy to take down, but there's next to nothing when needing instructions for where everything is/goes afterward.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.