Ordering airsoft guns to the UK - Customs?

Guest RektnNekt

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest RektnNekt

Hey

I've been reading about on the internet (although the posts seem to be from 2011 or at least around there) and a few times it has cropped up saying that RIFs that are imported will probably be seized and destroyed by UK customs.

Does this actually happen? And if it does, would it still happen even if the gun is two-tone?

Thanks

• Supporters

I can say my glock got through just fine two toned, only issue I had was that FedEx pissed themselves when it went through customs, as they won't transport anything gun like. But they arranged for a courier, so it was all good.

I've had no problems so far when buying RIFs from abroad with customs

I've bought my RIFs from taiwangun. com

They ask you for your ukara number in the comments box and write it on the package

I have had guns from Taiwangun.com and Evike. From Taiwangun.com they will ask for a UKARA number. They are used to sending guns to the UK so there will be no problems. Evike will 2-tone a gun for an extra fee but as I was buying an SMLE there was no way I was having this done so I emailed them with UKARA details. Evike are outside the EU so Parcel force will send you a bill for the 20% VAT plus a handling charge before they will deliver.

I usually add a line to my address saying 'UKARA Number: XXXXXX' just to be sure.

Takes about 4 days from taiwangun

• Supporters

TWG are usually a couple of days quicker than GunFire

TWG = 300 Euro for free shipping - no paypal charge

GunFire 175 Euro for free shipping - does have paypal surcharge

Evike & Airsoft GI ship to UK but you will get shafted by UK Customs tax

TWG & GF will go through fine as long as you provide UKARA

(they don't sell 2-tone stuff)

TWG & GF were cheaper and did free shipping for 69 Euro orders but prices have risen since Jan

along with free shipping - otherwise its about £12 aprox

Good for China guns & parts (if in stock), but G&G's are cheaper in UK I found

Just had a TM Mp7 from ehobby - ordered 23 Feb arrived in UK 26 Feb - Customs took a week to clear; all in all pretty easy. I have my UKARA number as part of my delivery address on all my overseas orders.

Worst case scenario is UKBA will seize it and contact you, if you have no defence or do not get back to them they may then either destroy it or return to sender.

Ironically I just had a second hand Tanaka sent from the States, I send the seller a letter to include for UKBA outlining my defence. The package arrived a few days later without them even opening it or the letter!

• Supporters

Prices for postage from Evike are insane. Got a quote of over $50 for 5 magazine feeding lips that could quite easily have come in a small bag.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.