AEG blowback. Is it worth it?

Dallin1991

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been looking at getting an mp7 recently for cqb. But my mind is starting to look toward the G&G cm16 Raiders. I'm new to airsoft. Not UKARA registered yet. Seen raiders with blow back. I think it looks really cool. My questions are, is it worth the extra money? Is it just something else to break?

• Supporters

Are you 18? If so, then don't get one yet. If you are almost 18, don't get one yet. You will find you will avoid your two tones once your are UKARA, and it wouldn't be good to get an expensive or special gun like that... Then again, it is only a G&G, so you might as well go for it. In terms of EBBs, I don't think G&G ones would be that good. Never had one, but for that price they must be skipping on something to have that low of a price.

I'm over 18. I was going to wait until I'm UKARA registered. I've been into shops and looked at reviews online. From what most people have said they've recommended the raiders as a really good starter gun. They seem really solid. It was just more the blowback feature I was wanting to get more info about.

Guest PT247

all the AEGs I've had with blowback have broken the blowback quite quickly, it is a very weak point on the gun. It should work as an AEG fine if it breaks but you lose the pretend bolt travel.

I have a T4-18, it has the pneumatic blow back from G&G. It basically adds noise and some visible motion of the bolt on firing, that is it. There is no recoil effect from the blow back, and the noise is metallic but its quite high pitched, so while distinctive and notably better compared to people without it (in terms of 'realism') its still not a very gun like noise.

My Tar 21 on the other hand has a physical blow back, and its done with a decent chunk of metal. Its loud, and its a more appropriate noise. It does produce a little recoil effect due to the weight of the piece of metal but its mostly about the noise and the movement of the bolt visually (which you'll like look at in game).

On the G&G guns is pneumatic, that means it uses air from the cylinder to power it. This is a pretty reliable system of blow back and combined with the light fake bolt its likely to last a decent amount of time. It doesn't impact rate of fire or air flow and hence it ends up being a reasonable solution. My Tar 21 however is physically connected to the gear box, the bolt is pulled back by the piston and it physically slams back and forth across the top of the gear box with each shot. This is showing some wear after 10k shots and I wouldn't be surprised to find it breaks in the next 10k-20k shots. Its most likely going to snap one of the screws that holds the piece on, they get a lot of wear under the head. But then its also louder and generally better than the what the G&G does in terms of actual blow back effect.

Ive got the G&G blowback and would agree with Bright Candle.

I quite like it but dont let it sway my gun choice, Ive subsequently bought G&G without it.

My advice is to look at the Raider in a shop and dry fire it to see what you think.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.