Almost UKARA registered.......

RabidNinja64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So i have 1 more game left at Fireball before im to be UKARA registered; however, considering it's abit of a grey covered area of discussion, what's everyones personal view on the whole VCRA and UKARA registration shizzle? Last I checked, calling it a license makes some people lose their shit :lol:

Let the opinion war commence!

yawn obvious troll is obvious

just read the numerous existing threads of people bitching about it

Hardly trolling? i'm genuinely interested about everyones opinion upon the whole thing, and considering im still a noob at the sport, it'd be nice to know if its worth the trouble. and i would look through all the numerous threads, but yeah, just people bitching about it, which is what i want to avoid.

Kurtz, I wouldn't think he's a troll. But there are many other recent threads about this. But basically, ukara is annoying to many people because of how many people don't fully understand it or the laws surrounding it. There are other ways to prove your defence though

IMO I would say having a 'DEFENCE' is a good thing when proving to 'said authorities/people' why you have these things in your possession

And it came in very handy for me one day when I had the police at my door because my neighbour upstairs was burgled and I had all my kit laid out on my front room floor

And when I purchased a rifle in store, I told the guy this was my number, he checked the website and was done in 5 minutes instead of ringing my local sites head office

That's just one thing though; how is ukara hard to understand? it just shows people and the local police that your an airsofter and have a legal obligation to own the guns that arent two-tone and even buy RIF's. the rest of it aswell as the VCRA is child's play....

People tend to skim over what catches there eye when reading about Ukara & Vcra & because of this, they dont fully understand everything to do with it

Most people will quote the bad stuff because that's what they remember the most

-govt: "sell blk airsoft glockz to non airsofters n we send ya *** 2 alcatraz lulz"
-retailers be like: "dude how we gon know who iz?? lets make databas where we puts who plays at our sitez so we wont hit prison!"
-customs go: "ya better b in dat databas if ya wanna import trololololololololololololo"

Guest PT247

UKARA isn't the end of the world, for those of us that want to be long term into the sport it is a piece of pee to get it and makes life easier when buying RIFs. Those that want to buy a RIF after seeing one in a shop and thinking "yeah I wanna play airsoft" then never do so and end up selling it on to Dodgy Den for an 1/8th of pot are unable to make that initial impulse purchase as they do not have a defence for the purchase. Sure there are flaws, sure there are get arounds but it can help reduce the numbers of RIFs in circulation which could possibly stop one being used in a crime.

UKARA isn't the end of the world, for those of us that want to be long term into the sport it is a piece of pee to get it and makes life easier when buying RIFs. Those that want to buy a RIF after seeing one in a shop and thinking "yeah I wanna play airsoft" then never do so and end up selling it on to Dodgy Den for an 1/8th of pot are unable to make that initial impulse purchase as they do not have a defence for the purchase. Sure there are flaws, sure there are get arounds but it can help reduce the numbers of RIFs in circulation which could possibly stop one being used in a crime.

This i can actually vouch for; a friend of mine recently started the biggest impulse buy of weapons and gear ive seen over a course of a month or 2, and only ever played a single CQB game which was last year; Scar-L, CAA M4, 2 Dragon 7.1's, 1 Dragon 5.1, EoTech 556 sight, and some other stuff we're spose to pick up from a friend this saturday. had our 2nd game at fireball saturday just gone, and the thursday prior, he pulled out entirely and sold his kit for at least 300; biggest waste i've ever seen.

At my airsofting site they said they would give it to me if my Dad went to one game, because I have been to quite a few. If your an adult then you just have to go to three games in two months and get it verified at your airsofting site

it puts a number to your name on a database, meaning that you're registered in the UK as an "air-softer". meaning retailers can sell RIF to you.

Its used both to track how many people are "airsofters" and protect retailers from selling RIFS to dodgy people.

To be honest I think its a good system, it does deter kiddies and probably criminals aswell? but to be honest ive seen RIFS being sold at car bootsales.... obviously its not a very well known "law" in the public eye.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.