G&G RK104 (AK74) 20mm to 14mm thread adapter

bowkanehall

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hey all,

I really hope someone can help me out I need to get a thread adapter for my AK it currently has a 20mm thread and I need to bring it down to 14mm I have already taken off the 20mm thread and found that underneath it has a straight barrel no 14mm thread like I have seen some suggest

Please help I cant find a thread adapter anywhere and need to get one before I go out to Dragons lair on the 22nd of this month

Any help appreciated

I had a similar problem with my G&G and had to buy their suppressor in the end as I couldn't find an off the shelf adapter.

The explanation given was that the AK I have was a copy of a Romanian rifle which had the strange size. I'm sure mine was 21 or 22mm though.

Talk to Alex @ Airsoft Zone in Romford. He will be able to answer your question.

Thanks for that will try and see if they can help my main problem is the tracer unit not fitting I have some custom ideas but not sure if they will ruin the rifle annoying but I do love my baby lol

• Supporters

Actually - are you sure it's 20mm and not 22mm?

• Supporters

OK then. I had a pretty good trawl myself and it seems the general response is "get the G&G suppressor" as it's about the only on that fits :(

Let me know if you find an adaptor. Ive got a very nice Russian suppressor complete with trades that I cant use on my G&G because of the sizes issue.

• Supporters

There is a Hephaestus one which is made for GHK GBBR's (not that that would make any difference when fitting it to an AEG barrel) but it is not 20mm, 22mm iirc, so best measure it yourself. I had one made for my ICS AKS-74U by Dave's Custom Whahoojimaflibbet - Dave Taylor (find him on fb). He's by no means cheap but the finished piece of steel is extremely robust.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.