New to airsoft. Play mainly cqb. What do I get first.

Dallin1991

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

OK, first things first. By new, do you mean you just played your 1st game, or new like it's been a year? Do you have a UKARA number? What's your price range? Do you have anything besides your L96 (which isn't good in the first place if you do mainly CQB, duh)?

Guest PT247

a GBB pistol and as many mags as you can afford would be my preference. The TM GBB MP7 is fantastic too, but a pistol makes a good secondary if you ever venture into a woodland site. If you play woodland then a CQB M4 would be good for both worlds and would allow you to use hi-caps which helps keep start out costs down. I'd recommend in that case the PTS RM4 ERG, but this all depends on your budget?

If you go for a pistol, I'd avoid ones with full auto, they are very fun but empty mags way too fast, a TM G17 is all the pistol anyone needs, but any TM GBB will do you right in CQB, if you play woodland though range is going to be an issue.

Played my first game last week. Not ukara registered....yet. Not a huge budget. About £150. Got the l96 for Christmas a couple of years ago mainly just shot cans with it. Might sell it.

I've just been using my pistol in CQB, saves having to take a rifle. I was going to recommend a pistol but if you want to play outdoors as well get something like this:

What Monty said...G&G MP5 http://airsoftzone.co.uk/egm-mp5-a4-blowback-aeg-gng?filter_name=mp5

Should be able to afford a charger and battery with what's left out of the £150 budget

(charger: http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-battery-chargers/we-europe-weeu-l3-compact-balance-charger-lipo.htm#.VPzlHPmsWPt)

If you did want to go for a pistol I'd say TM M&P9 + Fobus holster + extra mag and that would be around £160.

Wait until you are UKARA registered. That way you can buy from Poland for some of the cheaper options or get the G&G combat machine everyone will recommend without having to have it 2 toned.

Check out taiwangun.com which is a Polish site. Something like a JG G36 or Cyma AK (the ones with 028 in the name have a good reputation) would be an alternative to a Combat machine M4 or MP5. The G36C would be better for CQB than an AK obviously.

Guest PT247

if a pistol is ya primary you could save money by not getting a holster as you'd have the gun drawn all the time which would give you more money for extra mags. I'm used when playing CQB to proper in your face CQB (Epsom Tunnels) and a pistol is all anyone of any skill level would need there.... not saying more fire-power isn't useful, but you can kick arse when that up close and personal with just a pistol. Other CQB sites may be more spread out and a rifle would be more useful in that situation. The G&G Combat Machine range is where I'd suggest if on a budget but wanting something that is good quality and has good range/accuracy:

http://airsoftzone.co.uk/airsoft-guns/rifles/electric-aeg/cm16-m4-raider-aeg-gng

You may be able to get one cheaper elsewhere, they also do several in the range depending on what aesthetics you prefer!

You may get bored with just CQB and there are some good woodland sites not too far from you where an AEG would be best. The hill in Dundee is one I wish I could get to as they do lots of themed days and even WW1 airsoft!

• Supporters

My own personal usual do I suggest anything else ffs

G&G Raider S - good cqb & will do well also at woodland medium ranges - UK purchase seems best price

MP7 - nah cheapo Galaxy MP5K from taiwangun would be a better option I think

Also could get a cheap GG105 green gas non blowback pistol at TWG when ya get ukara'd

(or shotgun very cheaply - whatever floats ya boat cqb wise)

you have to be 18+ btw to get ukara'd - in fact have to be 18 to purchase IF or RIF but ya knew that

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.