Sign in to follow this  
RabidNinja64

Support-based loadout?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

Currently recovering from yesterdays game; 2nd game at fireball, but first game using my newly purchased A&K M249 SAW Para. Thing fires like a dream!

Anyway, just need a couple ideas of what kind of loadout i should build based around being the support role within my squad. Already have a MOLLE vest (Flyye Spartan Vest - http://royaltigergear.com/images/cor_vest_span.jpg)

I'm just stuck as to what pouches are necessary in terms of being a well rounded supporter within the atypical woodland setting; like hell am i going CQB with that!

Magazine pouch like this? http://www.uktactical.com/p-5588-warrior-m60minimim249-saw-pouch-coyote-tan.aspx

Maybe a triple magazine shingle on the rear of your PC so squadmates can grab ammo if they need it off you. A pack (e.g. Warrior Cargo Pack, Tactical Tailor Removable Operator Pack) for carrying more gear and BBs or something.

like hell am i going CQB with that!

I play CQB with exactly that gun. It's highly amusing!

Grab a set of ALICE Webbing with SAW pouches, some tri colour dessies and a PAGST replica helmet and You'll have a half decent Blackhawk down kit or any old US kit!

Pretty sure McClane uses M249 for a chunk of 'A good day to die hard' so rather than army gear thats a license to dirty white vest it IMO :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.