Best make of BB's?

OneRavo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I'm going to buy a G&G CM16 Carbine, and I'd like to know which pellets & make would be best?

ASG Blasters 0.20s or 0.25s in my opinion. You could buy a brand like Green Devils or BB Bastards but no point spending a lot on them to use in a normal AEG.

By the way there's a quick questions and answer thread in the General Discussion section which is useful for these kind of questions.

• Supporters

I'll throw my +1 to AB on that, I have 6 different types of Blasters, all are good.

• Supporters

Good choice on the g&g mate :)

To be honest the is no "best bb", makes I would go with are asg blasters, blaster Devils or g&g's

As for weight 0.2's are the norm, 0.25's will get you better range, better foliage penetration, (very) slightly better wind resistance, but will travel slower and cost more. I use 0.25's in my cm16

I used blasters but recently I have been using rocket bb's in .28 and they are really impressive as the grouping seems to be tighter so I will be trying the .36gr.

My different guns have different preferences for BBs. My G&G likes ASG Devil 0.28g BBs the best for CQB and its alright on 0.25g ASG's outdoors. On the other hand my Tar 21 loves G&G PBSP BBs and it underperforms with the ASG BBs. I think you have to try a bundle of different weights and brands through a gun to get a feel for what it likes and doesn't, what the hop can lift well etc. I don't think there is one brand of ideal BBs, I suspect each gun has a different preference.

would agree that there are no "best bbs". However, I find that performance using Blaster .25s is pretty good. In addition, note that you will need biodegradable BBs at some sites (which I hear is becoming more widely used). Biosphere's .20 >.28s are brilliant .

Stay away from Bulldog BBs. They are really, really poorly made.

agree bulldog is shite, had loads of them split when fired.

Usually use Excel and they've done the job without issues.

i bought some Tokyo Marui bb's when were on sale from Zero One and they've been flawless (and possibly mystically better like anything TM) far too uncommon/pricey to use all the time tho

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.