Bulldog SRC M4A1

OneRavo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

http://www.justbbguns.co.uk/product/549/2-TONE-GUNS-PRO/466/2-TONE-AEG-PRO/3089/NEW-BULLDOG-M4A1

Would this be a decent starter gun? My price range was originally lower but it was apparent everything under around £100 is rubbish. But I've found this gun that looks pretty impressive for it's price. Thought?

• Supporters

Bulldogs are meh, but can't really comment beyond that. Also, don't buy from JBBG, or from any sites with bb in the name. Check this forum's places to buy section if you want to know why...

• Supporters

OK - here is the breakdown on this........

It is a SRC Dragon despite being lead to think it was a good buy with metal gearbox

I bought this:

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/SRC-M4A-E-OG-The-Dragon.html

BOLLOX - it is a PLASTIC gearbox with METAL thin crappy gears

doesn't even have plastic bushings let alone metal bushings or bearings

The gears just spun on holes in the flexible plastic gearbox

It didn't last very long and threads stripped on the gearbox as it was lame ar$e plastic

when I attemped to strip it down and investigate why this pile of crap broke - easy it is crap

Now some Dragon's I have heard do have the mk2 metal SRC gearbox but they are probably the £100 ones

but even that is $hit - plastic green bushings (6mm btw) - so not even metal bushings or bearings

at last metal - but it still pi$$ poor metal

On top of that my dragon had a plastic outer barrel which was f*cking BENT !!!!!

It always shot right and had to swing the rear sight almost to the left limit to get it kinda firing straight - ish where I was aiming

Oh and another thing - these SRC's are "slightly" qwirky in the way their receivers and or gearbox's are not quite 101% TM

compatible - SRC goes in there but try and shove in another box or replace the receiver and it don't quite all align up 101%

I could go on but you might be getting the picture

like we say the G&G's REALLY are money well spent

• Supporters

oh and here is another gun I got mugged with:

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/Double-Eagle-M901C-Metal-AK47-Krinkov-CQB.html

the write up and video says metal gearbox - BOLLOX

unless metal is now what they call a white very brittle cheap nasty material

alas I joined here after I raped & mugged by JBBG & BBG4Less

otherwise I may have read this amusing review:

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/17012-double-eagle-m900a/

• Supporters

From reading this and your other post, i can see that you really want your own rifle. And i know you want to fit in with your mates etc, but the advice you have been given in this and the other thread is based on experience.

wait save up and get a proper rifle.

just out of interest what rifles do your mates have???

• Supporters

Great point sir.......

I could say ICS ahem but still not as good as G&G

you could get a crappy AK with a "proper gearbox" but still no way as good as Cyma AK's

and trust me Epsom is not a place you want to be with a lame ar$e crappy unreliable gun

There is a second hand transparent plastic bodied CM16 for sale on another forum for £50 + £20 postage. Be far better than the one you linked to. You could add a metal body later when you have a defence.

Any chance you could link me to that bro?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.