What gun? :O HELP!

OneRavo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Not worth £80 at all for what you get. I'd either save up for a better rifle (e.g. the G&G) or as you say you really can't go above 80, second hand or a springer tri-shot shotgun (http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-shotguns-and-grenade-launchers/asg-franchi-sas-12-short-version.htm#.VPuMlfmsWPs)

Think they two-tone for a tenner. Got my first gun from them and the paint was good. I think they use Krylon which is quality stuff.

Not too keen on a shotgun if I'm honest bro. Why is the M4A1 I mentioned not worth it? I'd really like a bang-for-buck Rifle but it seems like any I find or get suggested someone will say it's no good, aha.

• Supporters

Not too keen on a shotgun if I'm honest bro. Why is the M4A1 I mentioned not worth it? I'd really like a bang-for-buck Rifle but it seems like any I find or get suggested someone will say it's no good, aha.

coz its crap - wanna buy my crap off me ???

coz its crap - wanna buy my crap off me ???

I dunno man, you seem so keen to get rid of your stuff, it must be bad, haha?

• Supporters

tbh I wouldn't really want the hassle of the buyer coming back and saying

"That crappy gun you sold me - its shagged"

"I know - that is why I sold it, if it was any good I would have kept it of course"

Seriously - I've outlined in detail why they are crap

I own more G&G's than any other make of gun - none of them were the £300+ guns

all of mine are £123 to £155 and they are worth every penny compared to the first lot of crappy guns I bought from BB sites

If you was gonna shoot in your back garden it wouldn't really matter a toss

but when you go out to a site where you will face people with £400+ guns

at woodland sites you won't be able to hit past 30m and be facing snipers who shouldn't pull the trigger if you get 30m or so near them

So the £400+ gun and a Minimum Engagement Distance of 30m with a 500fps sniper that you got little hope of reaching them with a lame gun

You can see you will be getting your ar$e kicked big time and really have the hump even more after spending

£70 £80+ on a gun that just doesn't begin to cut it out there

Plus those cheapo guns don't accept the usual replacement parts 101% as well so in some cases if they play up

and break - very likely btw, then you will probably looking at just chucking it in the bin

But no worries - think most of us have bought crap at first - its kind of an initiation test I guess that you have to experience

We learn by our mistakes on our road to gain wisdom - that is normal

but to ignore good sound and proven advice is perhaps a little unwise or foolish

Seriously - its your money and your gun so the final decision is yours and yours alone in the end

I'm done on all this

tbh I wouldn't really want the hassle of the buyer coming back and saying

"That crappy gun you sold me - its shagged"

"I know - that is why I sold it, if it was any good I would have kept it of course"

Seriously - I've outlined in detail why they are crap

I own more G&G's than any other make of gun - none of them were the £300+ guns

all of mine are £123 to £155 and they are worth every penny compared to the first lot of crappy guns I bought from BB sites

If you was gonna shoot in your back garden it wouldn't really matter a toss

but when you go out to a site where you will face people with £400+ guns

at woodland sites you won't be able to hit past 30m and be facing snipers who shouldn't pull the trigger if you get 30m or so near them

So the £400+ gun and a Minimum Engagement Distance of 30m with a 500fps sniper that you got little hope of reaching them with a lame gun

You can see you will be getting your ar$e kicked big time and really have the hump even more after spending

£70 £80+ on a gun that just doesn't begin to cut it out there

Plus those cheapo guns don't accept the usual replacement parts 101% as well so in some cases if they play up

and break - very likely btw, then you will probably looking at just chucking it in the bin

But no worries - think most of us have bought crap at first - its kind of an initiation test I guess that you have to experience

We learn by our mistakes on our road to gain wisdom - that is normal

but to ignore good sound and proven advice is perhaps a little unwise or foolish

Seriously - its your money and your gun so the final decision is yours and yours alone in the end

I'm done on all this

Whoah, dude... I've seriously not ignored ANY of the provided advice, I believe I posted that I appreciated everyones help earlier, too. Perhaps you don't realize that I AM NOT YOU. I've never even been airsoft, and there isn't a local wood based Airsoft near me. Like I said, CQB is all.

Guest PT247

maybe worth hiring a gun on site rather than buying one if you've not played before. Epsom has hire guns and they will be far better than what you can get for your budget. They will also not be 2-tone which is a big plus, especially in the tunnels where you want to be as stealthy as possible (it is bloody dark in there). Go once and hire a gun, if you enjoy it then maybe think about buying one, like your first post states you don't want to waste money and hiring is far far cheaper than buying even a £80 gun.

None of us want to put you off, and we don't enjoy saying you need more money than you currently have, but it is the truth. If you hire for a few games over a couple of months and then save any allowance/wages/etc you could get hold of enough to buy one of the guns we all have suggested. Buying a cheap gun is a waste of money, when they break (not if they break) they are dead, a proper airsoft gun can be repaired and upgraded etc and the G&G Combat Machine would never embarrass you on range or accuracy even in woodland!

If you live near Epsom, then Dogtag Airsoft, Holmbush (near Gatwick/Crawley) is not far from there so in the future you may want to try that and any of the many other sites not too far from there in the future.

maybe worth hiring a gun on site rather than buying one if you've not played before. Epsom has hire guns and they will be far better than what you can get for your budget. They will also not be 2-tone which is a big plus, especially in the tunnels where you want to be as stealthy as possible (it is bloody dark in there). Go once and hire a gun, if you enjoy it then maybe think about buying one, like your first post states you don't want to waste money and hiring is far far cheaper than buying even a £80 gun.

None of us want to put you off, and we don't enjoy saying you need more money than you currently have, but it is the truth. If you hire for a few games over a couple of months and then save any allowance/wages/etc you could get hold of enough to buy one of the guns we all have suggested. Buying a cheap gun is a waste of money, when they break (not if they break) they are dead, a proper airsoft gun can be repaired and upgraded etc and the G&G Combat Machine would never embarrass you on range or accuracy even in woodland!

If you live near Epsom, then Dogtag Airsoft, Holmbush (near Gatwick/Crawley) is not far from there so in the future you may want to try that and any of the many other sites not too far from there in the future.

I was looking at the C&G CM16 Two-Tone some is selling on Zero-In for £70. Would this perhaps be decent-ish? I probablt will rent for my first few days I guess, and just save my wages. I guess I'm just really pumped to buy one asap, I'm not a patient person, lol.

Thanks for all the help and such everyone. I've decided to go with a G&G CM16 Carbine.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.