What gun? :O HELP!

OneRavo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I'm going to start Airsoft, mainly CQB to start out with. At the Epsom WW1 Tunnels.

My budget for a rifle is only around £70, and I know, I won't be able to get anything great. But I'm only starting out, and if I don't enjoy it I don't want to waste too much money. I know what gear I'm getting, Mask, Goggles and Vest wise. But I just need a decent rifle.

I've been looking at the Blackviper G36 AEG Full Auto and the Blackviper AK12 AEG Full Auto. Both are £69.95.

There's probably something better I could buy with my budget, but being a huge noob I thought I'd come here for some help.

All suggestions and feedback is greatly appreciated! :D

G36, I use it as a nsck up rifle in case my M4 goes belly up before I started

• Supporters

in short

NO !!!!

G&G is what you want - yes they start at £117 but save ya money

OR you could buy my crap I have bought in the past from BB websites

yup they are that good - hardly used - coz they are crap

Seriously - if you was gonna fire in back garden then those guns will be ok - ish

But if you take them to a skirmish site - you will get owned and all you will get is the major hump

you will be outranged outgunned and out of luck

the black viper's have plastic gearbox's and they can't provide anything like 350fps others might be near when they shoot you

If you try and fit a bigger battery - all that will do is increase your rate of fire not the velocity or fps

PLUS - it will also destroy your plastic gearbox quickly if you attempt to run 11.1v lipo on it

(see youtube for funny videos on this if you think I am just trying to scare you)

at a scrape you may get by with a £90 or £100 gun but still not gonna be as good as a G&G carbine or Raider

this should perform very well and last with easy service/repair if needed

or failing that lmk & I will dig out all my crap I bought when I first started

Guest PT247

forget the vest for the moment and put the money into the gun to increase your budget! (pockets are very good at holding spare mags.... not that you'll need them in "The Tunnels" (EAG Epsom) as the games are very short so one hi-cap is plenty, also the safe zone is never more than 15m from play so can go reload if ever needed. This also means you'll not need extra magazines so that money can go into the gun budget too! If you can get around £120 for a gun together that could get you a G&G Combat Machine if you shop around and that would do you for far longer than most other cheaper guns!

I appreciate you have a small budget but I think it would be really worth saving up for that bit longer to afford something else.

There will be big difference is quality from the Blackviper compared to something like a CYMA or G&G.

Or hire first until you get a defence which is what I'd recommend.

If you get a UKARA defence you could order from overseas (for example, Polish sites Gunfire and TaiwanGun -made my 2nd order with them a few days ago but no guns this time-) which is a lot cheaper. An argument against this is that it's not supporting UK stores, but you could obviously still buy other things from domestic retailers in the future.

You could buy a JG G36 (Widely known as a reliable rifle - were used a lot as hire guns at skirmish sites) for ~ 100/110 euros if I remember correctly.

Shipping is a £10 flat rate, which is good considering a lot of places here will charge £6+

It used to be if you spent ~£70 you'd get free shipping but now the threshold is around £250 instead.

In that price range you will only get very poor quality guns. Wait and sort UKARA (if you are over 18) and rent in the meantime. Save up a bit of money and see if you enjoy airsoft. With UKARA registration it is possible to buy from abroad where you will get better deals.

Taiwangun.com is in Poland and is the only place I could find a decent gun in your price range

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/jg069-m5-j-jg?from=listing&campaign-id=19

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/cm-028s?from=listing&campaign-id=19

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/608-jg?from=listing&campaign-id=19

You will need UKARA in order to buy from here but this is your best bet for anything skirmishable for less than £130.

• Supporters

Cyma 028a I would take for AK as battery compartment is bigger/easier

but that is just me - bigger AK but that is just my take on model

deffo Cyma for AK though

JG G36 - nuff said as we all agree on that I think

M4 though G&G is way to go

not a Viper or Well or Bulldog in sight

Jeez just noticed you going to Epsom tunnels......

get a torch to find ya way back to safe zone - its feckin' pitch black down there

uhmmm it is a bit frantic & full on sometimes down there

full face would be wise & perhaps a strike plate for ya back

(if you get shot in back at close range down there you will deffo call it)

Appreciate the answers guys but I really doubt I can above around £80 for the gun alone. Also, bear in mind it has to be two-tone. I understand most of you guys are more than likely highly experienced, so I know I'm obviously a huge noob to you but hey, everyone starts somewhere. I'll look around a bit more I guess.

Any Cyma 028 is a good starter gun and they have quite a range at taiwangun.com, I just chose the one best suited to CQB.

JG G36 is a very robust reliable gun, commonly used as a rental gun.

MP5's are generally very good for CQB and as a starter gun you can't go far wrong as long as you avoid the budget brands at websites with BBguns in the name.

G&G combat machine is probably the best starter gun if you want an M4.

Any Cyma 028 is a good starter gun and they have quite a range at taiwangun.com, I just chose the one best suited to CQB.

JG G36 is a very robust reliable gun, commonly used as a rental gun.

MP5's are generally very good for CQB and as a starter gun you can't go far wrong as long as you avoid the budget brands at websites with BBguns in the name.

G&G combat machine is probably the best starter gun if you want an M4.

Everything from taiwangun is solid colour. Nothing there is 2 tone?

The place I'm planning on going has a max FPS of 350 too

• Supporters

Russell - yup soz 28a is probably not ideal for cqb with its 455 barrel etc....

OP - I think this might be out of stock but:

http://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/airsoft-gun/refurbished-airsoft-guns-refurb=101.html?product_id=1024#.VPtN-OEknIU

it is JG metal 6mm gearbox and quite ok at refurb price

LWA sell dytac's for £90 but not owned one of them

I would not buy SRC M4 again

honestly it is very hard to find something decent below £100

when for £117 for carbine - get the lite version as it is shorter

or £123 Raider S - brilliant M4 for down there

from zero one as they do 2-tone for free

• Supporters

The place I'm planning on going has a max FPS of 350 too

Paaaahhhh - that is IF THEY CHRONO

they are supposed to chrono all guns but the time I went and a few others have been they did not chrono any guns at all

so you'd better get something that is shooting 350 is all I'm saying

Consider a shotgun? I don't know which ones are good but it's a cheap option for CQB sites. If you are doing only CQB a pistol might suffice. An HFC Mk23 Socom is a very cheap option which performs quite well.

Under 18 so two-tone is my only option :c

• Supporters

HFC's are great cheapy pistols

(HFC or STTi or dare I say it SRC pistols - they are same make rebranded)

I got the 105 in GG (Green Gas) & GC (CO2) versions

actually same gun but pop in different mag

onlybbguns are perhaps one of the better ones

but you gotta be careful what you buy still

I dunno if it still works but RC10 used to get you 10% off

which meant a 105 pistol £30 = £27 delivered !!!

Well actually you don't have option but lets say your parents or somebody over 18 will purchase it

That is what I'd do, yeah. But what about when I actually go to play I'm not old enough to own a solid coloured gun.

http://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/bb-guns/gas-guns/hfc-hg-302-mk23-airsoft-gas-pistol.html#.VPtS9XysU3k

This is still my only pistol and it has never let me down. It's rather big but mags hold 28 rounds and its quite capable of being your main weapon for indoor CQB.

There is no age restriction on owning a RIF, only on buying one. The age restriction is the same for a 2 tone. The problem is that to buy a non-2-tone you will need to sort out UKARA. The only way round it is to get an over 18 friend or relative to play, they get UKARA registered and they buy you a gun as a gift.

• Supporters

Good pistols and extra mags are available at reasonable price

(which is one thing you may need if you was gonna get a pistol for main weapon)

you get the chance to buy 1 extra mag at a slightly reduced price when buying pistol btw

and don't forget the gas

but yeah consider pistol & shotgun options maybe for epsom tunnels

You got some ideas and options to think about now

BUT what I will say......

Do not just rush out and buy something without giving a little post on here

to save you buying something you regret - but I think you got the idea now

Damn it - wish I stumbled across this place BEFORE I bought my first couple of crappy guns

Not sure if I want a pistol, considering all of my friends have rifles I'd look a bit lacklustre, lol. Is there really nothing average to good for £75-£85? £90 at a push! It'd need to be two-tone, my parents don't do Airsoft xD

Not worth £80 at all for what you get. I'd either save up for a better rifle (e.g. the G&G) or as you say you really can't go above 80, second hand or a springer tri-shot shotgun (http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-shotguns-and-grenade-launchers/asg-franchi-sas-12-short-version.htm#.VPuMlfmsWPs)

Think they two-tone for a tenner. Got my first gun from them and the paint was good. I think they use Krylon which is quality stuff.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.