Essex/London CQB

Josh95

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

I havnt played in awhile i want to try CQB, I had quite a bad experience last time i went airsofting. it involved walking around a forest all day getting ill from the cold and almost failing my exams because of it... anyway.....

I want to try CQB, whats the best place in the essex/london area? :)

Hi. Where was that? I want to do that.

skirmish biliricay, its is fun. but not when you have to walk for 10 minuets back to re-spawn every-time you get shot from some one on your own team because they're too stupid to see your arm band and think anyone not sitting at base is the enemy.

Try the school at Red1 CQB at Kimgs Langley in Herts.

I also heard the other day about a new one that has opened out towards Southend,

ooooo iim from southend ill check that out

I love the woodland games its more my thing than the CQB sites. Less on action but a bit more sneaky and long range. Anyhow in and around london these are the CQB sites I have attended:

- Bunker 51 - Small, high action, Saturday evening only. Not great IMO but some people love it.

- The school - Near Watford its got a bit of out doors in the playground and then 3 floors. Really good fun.

- The Mall - Reading, a shopping centre and a really really well run site.

I love the woodland games its more my thing than the CQB sites. Less on action but a bit more sneaky and long range. Anyhow in and around london these are the CQB sites I have attended:

- Bunker 51 - Small, high action, Saturday evening only. Not great IMO but some people love it.

- The school - Near Watford its got a bit of out doors in the playground and then 3 floors. Really good fun.

- The Mall - Reading, a shopping centre and a really really well run site.

^^^ What he said about the CQB sites +1

There are some good regulars at Bunker51 though and I don't mind it. Its like playing COD Team Death Match lol.

I finally remembered where I saw it.

Look up Hockley Airsoft Arena !

http://www.mpa-airsoft.com/PBCPPlayer.asp?ID=1574071

250 fps? What the .....

The tests done showed no penetration of skin until about 328fps and even then it requires multiple strikes in the same place, its 350 fps for a single strike on bare single before the BB penetrates. There isn't a single manufacturer that produces guns that low that I know of, even TM guns wont work in there. My G&G CM16 gearbox refuses to turn over with an M80 spring in it, so it must really be quite hard to get guns down that low. I dont know about that site, its open all day, its frightening expensive, its a small venue and that FPS is just too low for most guns and not based on good science.

Epsom - Tunnels good site for CQB very close but not as close as Bunker 51 they do an all day event on sundays and a night and a mid week game for a half day evening event

• Supporters

There is UCAP Sandpit with some CQB but so much more!! 2 APC's, 2 "armoured" snatch landrovers, a wmik, a truck, a RM Snowtrack, some quads and a dune buggy.

There are buildings but fighting takes place between them, around them, and through them. You can be medic'd once before returning to respawn. The games are longer 2.5 hour affairs, and they are playing this weekend!

£30 includes lunch which is a hot dog, some beans, nachos and cheese, and a minimum of 100 players most sundays its on.

Oh and I forgot Dora the explorer!

There is UCAP Sandpit with some CQB but so much more!! 2 APC's, 2 "armoured" snatch landrovers, a wmik, a truck, a RM Snowtrack, some quads and a dune buggy.

There are buildings but fighting takes place between them, around them, and through them. You can be medic'd once before returning to respawn. The games are longer 2.5 hour affairs, and they are playing this weekend!

£30 includes lunch which is a hot dog, some beans, nachos and cheese, and a minimum of 100 players most sundays its on.

Oh and I forgot Dora the explorer!

The sandpit is not really CQB, its a bit of MOUT but mostly gravel pit combat. Most of what happens at the sandpit is near maximum range out in the open. The times I played I have ended up walking kilometres across the pit and not fighting around the buildings at all. Its certainly not CQB in the way the mall or bunker 51 is, if anything its got a bit of urban combat thrown in but its 95% outdoors long range combat.

Posting interest for this aswell, i'm personally getting a little bored of the walking around SAB too..

I know there is a store called Badgertac2 which is currently organising monthly visits to the Gaol (AKA the prison).

Hi guys,

I havnt played in awhile i want to try CQB, I had quite a bad experience last time i went airsofting. it involved walking around a forest all day getting ill from the cold and almost failing my exams because of it... anyway.....

I want to try CQB, whats the best place in the essex/london area? :)

The Sandpitt has some Buildings ect for CQB.

• Supporters

Which BrightCandle is why I said it has "some CQB". Yes you can end up fighting your way around at maximum range or you can use some of the blind spots and get up and fight through the buildings. The thing I have found is that it can end up with fights around the same places but I always come away tired and with a huge smile on my face, it's why this weekend I will be making a 4 hour round trip to play the pit with my teammates.

You are right it's probably closer to FIBUA, I certainly wouldn't claim it's CQB of the same scope as any of the underground bunkers, like Epsom Tunnels, Bunker51, or either Red1 The School or the Mall. I've only played the school to be fair, it offers something different from the normal woodland skirmish. But I found the school to be a bit small, with a fairly unimaginative layout that causes bottlenecks that can become total stalemates. It might just have been the day I went as it was a wet Sunday so there were around 60 players which I would say was probably too many.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.