New Girl On The Block!

Embrace

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

New girl to the forum and also to Airsoft! Have never played airsoft/paintball but I have loved playing the Lazer versions and looking for a new hobby.

Are there many girls that play airsoft?? Can't see my parents being to keen on the idea to be honest!

Also, Im in Sussex so would Worthing be the best place to go?

Cheers :D

• Supporters

Welcome!

There's a few girls that play (have a look on Youtube for Femme Fatale Airsoft) but it is a pretty male dominated hobby (shame).

I've not played at Worthing so I can't speak from experience but I believe it's a pretty decent place. Just beware that if you start playing and enjoy it there's a whole new world of stuff to spend all your money on just waiting for you!

• Supporters

Hello, and welcome.

In terms of female airsofters, yall are a rarer breed. Saying this, ther has always been at least one female player at every game I have attended, so you may find some showing up to games you attend. I will suggest (as will everyone on here) that before you buy anything, go to a couple of games and get a feel for the sport before you spend too much. Airsoft can be an expensive sport as well, so make sure its right for you before you buy. As you are new, I assume you do not know about VCRA or UKARA, ill let some of the more expirenced people on here tell you about those.I do not know of sites in your area, but someone will.

So in conclusion,

hi, welcome, rent first, buy later, and enjoy

Guest PT247

Hi, lots of sites now in the south. Check out Dogtag Airsoft, nr Horsham at some point. They have plenty of hire guns available for those getting into the sport and a massive site which is friendly to new players. We have quite a few females who play here regularly too!

• Supporters

Thanks for your warm welcomes :)

I know I'm far off buying anything yet, but how much do you think is a realistic budget for a newbie?

Anything from £150 really. Have a look at this http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/17294-ians-guide-to-noobism-on-a-tight-budget/

If you need boots and clothing, a good place to start is http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk

They do some very good deals on footwear (a good pair of boots is a very good idea) and some of the bundle deals are a good way to get all the basics cheaply.

I'm from Sussex myself and the sites I used to go to were Elite Action Games, there's one in Worthing, one in docking and there's also another site near tunbridge wells, but not been to that one yet :)

• Supporters

Well I can be a bit of a tart sometimes.....

Good thing about airsoft, hair tucked up & full face you can go and have fun shooting us chaps

then watch us gasp at halftime we got whipped by a girly

kidding - good on ya, and wish you well on your sport

Thanks for the help all :)

Anyone know of any other females on this board?

I can't actually think of any regular posters who are female. Maybe we scare them off? :D

Internet forums tend to be very male dominated, so an internet forum about airsoft will have an even lower female population than the sport as a whole.

If you look at the facebook pages of your local sites you will probably see a much higher ratio of female airsofters. Women tend to like facebook a lot more than forums.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.