New Gun Or Not??

Dazzler

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good Afternoon Chaps,

I`m in a bit of a predicament, I have a M40A5 Sniper rifle I`ve had a game with it and love it, However whilst browsing for upgrades I stumbled upon the M14 HBA-L and got chills, Now do I get this rifle or not.

Pros:

AEG / DMR Sniper.

Great for left handed (ambidextrous).

Good Potential of upgrading.

Total Bad*** Look.

Cons:

Will have to two tone spray to a degree however once allowed this can be sprayed over so not a total Con.

Whats your thoughts?

If I bought a rifle every time I got the chills I would be a very poor man. Airsoft has already parted me with quite enough money and yet more every month. I personally try to buy guns only for roles, that is I have a CQB gun and a woodland gun (different spring powers) and I'll likely add a bolt action in there as well at some point. Not sure about DMRs, my favourite site right now has them at 365 fps verses 350 of the AEGs, that doesn't seem worth it to loose full auto, but then other sites are around 420 fps for DMRs. That difference in power and site limits I feel is a good reason to get a particular gun because swapping springs between games is a real pain with some guns. So I feel its good for meeting site rules for particular roles - like support or marksman or sniper.

I don't always buy sensibly myself of course as the Tar 21 will suggest, very much a heart buy after falling in love with the real thing in the USA and now I live with the little more effortupgrading it to be great is costing me. But next gun is probably a DMR and probably a sensible one.

I`d have to keep the M14 with Full auto of course as I could use it as assult if I ever wanted to leave part of the sniper role, So The M40A5 and M14 would be my only necessary guns until of course a side arm upgrade.

• Supporters

If you're looking at the G&G HBA-L it is REALLY heavy which may be a con for you. If you want to maintain the full auto aspect you'll need to abide by AEG/assault rifle FPS limits which could limit its usefulness as a DMR/sniper role platform.

On the other hand...if you can afford it - have both!

I'd actually wait until you can buy it in RIF form i.e. no 2 tone paint. If you're going to spend over £300 on a G&G HBA then why have it ruined by bright orange/green paint?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.