Inner barrel upgrade!

ItsAJ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys I was at a airsoft store yeaterday seeing about getting a prometheus 6.03 tightbore for my tm scar h but they didn't stock them but instead advised me to go for the Modify Hybrid SS AL 6.03, it did have a very good looking seal but I wanted your opinion on it! What would be best for accuracy and higher fps? Also has anyone tried the delta strike 6.20 barrel with the 3 grooves to let the air run down smoothly? I seen it here and was another option http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_Precision_Barrels_AEG_AEP_Promethus_6_20mm_Delta_Strike_Barrel_for_Tokyo_Marui_Scar_H_Next_Generation_RECCE_Scar_L_G36K_M733_Thompson_MC51_300mm.htm

• Supporters

If you get the delta strike its a wide bore so you lose a lot of fps and have to upgrade quite a bit to get it back. If you want to use a widebore try the orga barrels they are much better you can get them from Socom Tactical. Personally I would get a PDI 6.05 best barrel I have tried you can get them from a site called airlab. Airlab is a small seller but has some very good upgrade parts and is very helpful and trustworthy. Prommy barrels are a bit over rated in my opinion.

Yea I thought the delta strike was very wide but maybe a m100 spring could fix that.

I haave heard alot of good things about pdi, I did wonder if the promy barrels were as good as everyone made out!

• Supporters

What spring you would need would depend on whats in the gun now and what fps you are looking to achieve. An Orga 6.23 dropped my a fps a lot. Needed a M120 to get my fps back up which meant strengthening the gearbox which wasn't cheap. PDI barrel you can just chuck in and wont change a thing other than the consistency of your shots. If you want to improve accuracy there is no one thing to change you have to look at the hop up most of all. If its a tm scar might be best just to leave it alone.

• Supporters

Various companies do widebores for aeg's and people are getting good results with them. Im still not sure its worth the hassle. The Prommy 6.03 I tried didnt seem to make any difference over a stock barrel the pdi seemed to give me better groupings but thats just my opinion.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.