I've just brought a sniper....

iBrowniee x

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I just brought the Warrior L96 MB-01 V3 ( I know it's cheap but I already have a m4 and wanted a sniper) and the spring in it shoots at 420 fps and I'm under 18 so my limits 350. The main field I play at does crono guns but a couple of other sites do. And Does anybody know any springs that shoot at 350 fps I've been looking every where but I can't find any.

post-10894-0-37470700-1425246257_thumb.jpgpost-10894-0-37470700-1425246257_thumb.jpg

Just asking, but what's the point in buying a sniper rifle if you can't have it firing at over 400 FPS?

Surely you're just putting yourself at a disadvantage compared to AEG users who can put more BBs on target in a shorter time with guns of the same power?

What kind of site has a rule that U18's guns must shoot 350? I don't get that...

The number (e.g 100 in M100) refers to the velocity it should make the gun shoot at in metres per second.

100 M/S = ~ 330 FPS

Presumably you don't also have to comply with a minimum engagement range because you don't have the range to get past it. Unfortunately everyone else will be able to engage at your ranges as well but they have full auto fire. Its going to be quite a disadvantage.

I assume the gun you have will work at that low FPS, but I don't know for certain that it will. The parts are designed for 400-500 fps more than they are 350, and indeed I had problems taking a gun down to 300 fps in the past when it was designed for 350. All you can do is try with the spring suggested above.

[pedantic] Bolt action rifle.

Sniper is a role, not a gun.

More pedantic, snipers use a rifle, a gun fires large projectiles generally and artillery piece

We can play semantics all night long, but a sniper could use a coat hanger and still be called a sniper.

A gun by all modern definitions is anything capable of firing an explosive propelled projectile of any size or caliber.

Your term "large" is entirely unsubstantiated, and under your definition a Mortar would also be classified as a gun, which it's not.

Shotgun, a gun that fires shot. machine gun, a gun that is driven by a machine, sub machine gun etc, your definition is wrong, it may have rang true in 1800, but today it's not.

Either way, we can be sure that browniee is not human trafficking marksmen and we should stop devolving his thread into an anorak convention.

That fps ruling is more than a little bit stupid though.

The FPS limit on under 18s effectively removes the advantage of using a bolt action completely, the result of which is to dissuading teenagers from playing using high FPS longer range bolt actions.

If you are still wanting to play the role it can be done but only at a massive disadvantage. It is as simple as fitting a lower powered M110 spring and potentially cutting it a bit. But I wouldn't personally do it because single shot 30m single shots with bolt reloads is going to find it hard to compete with full auto fire.

• Supporters

We can play semantics all night long, but a sniper could use a coat hanger and still be called a sniper.

A gun by all modern definitions is anything capable of firing an explosive propelled projectile of any size or caliber.

Your term "large" is entirely unsubstantiated, and under your definition a Mortar would also be classified as a gun, which it's not.

Shotgun, a gun that fires shot. machine gun, a gun that is driven by a machine, sub machine gun etc, your definition is wrong, it may have rang true in 1800, but today it's not.

Either way, we can be sure that browniee is not human trafficking marksmen and we should stop devolving his thread into an anorak convention.

That fps ruling is more than a little bit stupid though.

I was more bothered by "brought".

If you want any sort of advantage using that rifle under 350 fps, you're gonna need some serious upgrades to it to make it accurate and have any sort of decent range so that you have some chance against the enemy. (TM rifles shoot at under 300 and look at how good they are)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I know this is an old thread but,

If u want the formula to find fps it is simply the spring number eg (100) * 3.28. thus a m100 is 328fps which is about right :)

It's never that easy.

• Supporters

I know this is an old thread but,

If u want the formula to find fps it is simply the spring number eg (100) * 3.28. thus a m100 is 328fps which is about right :)

It has nothing to with compression and tightness of seals then. Barrel bore cant have any effect then either? Damn I have wasted all that time when the only thing that mattered was the spring.

You need to know what spring is inside and work out what spring is needed from there. The charts online can help with that.

It has nothing to with compression and tightness of seals then. Barrel bore cant have any effect then either? Damn I have wasted all that time when the only thing that mattered was the spring.

You need to know what spring is inside and work out what spring is needed from there. The charts online can help with that.

of course there are other factors im just saying how to find the fps of a spring

• Supporters

of course there are other factors im just saying how to find the fps of a spring

A well intentioned point but as suggested above unfortunately an M100 spring will give you a different FPS in pretty much every gun you put it in. Not to mention that not all M100 springs are created equal. Yes, it's a good starting point but as someone that has had upwards of 350 from an M90 I can tell you for sure that there is no hard and fast rule for the FPS you'll get from a spring!

A well intentioned point but as suggested above unfortunately an M100 spring will give you a different FPS in pretty much every gun you put it in. Not to mention that not all M100 springs are created equal. Yes, it's a good starting point but as someone that has had upwards of 350 from an M90 I can tell you for sure that there is no hard and fast rule for the FPS you'll get from a spring!

Thats exactly it, I put an m90 in a G&P Mk18 and got 360fps, cut a couple of coils and still only 340fps. There is no magic formula even though springs are supposed to be rated by the number eg: m100 = 100m/s m120 = 120m/s

• Supporters

It's a decent enough basic starting point for a gun with a completely standard (ie a bit crappy) gearbox so that you know the rough ball park of where your FPS is going to end up but certainly very variable! Once you introduce airseal nozzles or a decent piston head or cylinder head, hell - even a new hop rubber and some decent grease in the gearbox - it all goes out the window and every gun is different!

• Supporters

Fps stands for feet per second which is a measurement of speed. Springs are measured in force, either compression or extension so the only way to find the fps of a spring is to fire it out of a catapult.

If every gun was exactly the same then the formula would work unfortunately thats never the case. If you know what spring is already installed then you can use the formula to approximate which spring to go for. The next problem is that springs from different manufacturers can vary wildy I find the best thing to do is buy a range of springs and swap them around until you get the right one. Sorry to sound like a arse I know you meant well.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.