That could have gone better

Tramples

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

SO 1st time stripping my G&G Tr15 Top Tech for a bit of greasing and general curiosity. 1st time stripping any AEG in fact. Lost the C-clip on the blowback piston but i'll go find one next week. From start to finish 4 hours...... It'll be quicker next time. Got a better idea what i'm doing now.

Questions

Is there any point upgrading the air nozzle? Would it make any difference?

What about cylinder heads and stuff, worth changing?

Anybody know if there's much space in the upper receiver behind the blowback piston for a weight? Thinking a rubber backstop and a lump of lead shaped to fit.

The fire selector was a pain in the arse to get back in and working right, think it's still off a bit. Any tips?

And the motor didn't want to go back in. Bit of fiddling and in it popped but the plate at the bottom with the motor height adjustment was also a pain. The adjuster screw just doesn't want to screw back in smoothly. grrrrrr

To solve all your problems...get a tech.

Regards to upgrading the internals all you'd be doing is getting a better air seal and maybe* improving the durability. G&G already make pretty good internals with a good air seal so I'd say no, no point.

In regards to your blowback modifications hell no. There's no way a pneumatic blowback is capable of recoil or a weight. You'd be sending it straight to it's tomb if you did that.

The G&G air nozzles do have an O-ring but they tend to be plastic. You could upgrade to a metal SHS one for example but if its sealing fine as is then there isn't a lot of point changing it. The key thing to do is next time is test your airseal.All you need to do is push the piston into the cylinder with your finger over the nozzle and if it just stops then your air seal is fine, otherwise fixing it can bring improvements in accuracy. Cylinder head, piston head and nozzle are the components of that.

Motor is a weird one, that not wanting to go in could be a sign that the gears aren't quite in right and the motor isn't finding it easy to get into the gearbox.

Never personally had any real issues with fire selectors, leave it in single shot and it just pops in and out of its slot.

• Supporters

I agree that it's not necessary to upgrade the G&G nozzle, but one way to improve the whole chain of airseal is to use good grease and liberally. I use this stuff: give the whole interior of the cylinder a light smear with a finger tip; slap plenty all over the piston head O-ring; put a light smear around the base of the cylinder head spout so that the nozzle O-ring seals better against it, but only around the base so the grease does not get forward enough that it could get blasted down the barrel as particulates.

Hmm ordered for next time I service. I used Gun grease on everything metal after the strip down except on the cylinder and o rings for which I used Monkey Spunk, look it up. It's what i've used for years on Paintball servicing but like a tool I passed, what I had left, on when I sold up.

All in all it's shooting fine and just had to strip the outer again to replace the C clip on the blow back piston since I lost the last one. Lets see how long it stays on this time. If it gives me more grief i'll remove the fake shiny bolt bit and put on a new dust cover because the current one pops open a lot.

Just picked up an angled foregrip for £10 so all I need to complete my M4 is a cheapo ACOG and some paint to touch up some of the scuffy bits. Might go for the desert worn look.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.