Need advice and help on upgrading mp5 please :)?

DazMK5

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking for upgrades for this gun if possible.

Also any tips will be nice as this is my first project sort of gun in going to play with :). Like ideas what to upgrade. Also looking for ad dons (like the torch hand guard at the front. And what's a good make.)

http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/gen_2_tgm_q5.html#SID=37

Thanks in advanced guys!

Why would you want to upgrade that? It's pretty good OOTB. About the only thing to add would be a red dot sight. Otherwise play with it until something goes wrong, as playing with the current specs could mean it performs worse after "upgrading" it than it does to start with. And a torch front end might not work with the built-in silencer. I tried adding a much smaller diameter silencer to my standard MP5 with torch mount and it fouled the torch.

Well....what do you think would be best to upgrade first? Range, ROF..? IMO If it ain't broken don't fix it.

I'd say get high speed gears (like a SHS 13:1 set) and a high speed motor. Re-shim and grease. Convert from Tamiya to Deans connectors and use LiPo batteries.

If you want extra magazines get a pack of MAG ones (eight for £40-£55) Get a picatinny rail mount so you can attach an optic.

Another external addition could be a ASG B&T Tracer Unit (£39 from Patrol Base) A couple guys used them on their G5s at Halo Mill and they work very well in CQC. Grab some WE NUPROL or ASG Blaster tracer BBs with it.

The handguards with intergrated flashlights I've seen are WELL, can pick one up for like £10 from Patrol Base but pbviously they won't be very good. I think G&P makes one, but again not sure it would be compatible with the SD variant.

Haha well that answers my questions. It hopfully wont break for a long time, my m4 is g&g and it's still going. Cheers for your help and feedback guys :)!

Nice looking gun...

Id think about a torch and optics if your using it in CQB these things would be muchos useful :ph34r:

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.