What size spring should i use to downgrade my sniper Rifle?

Doodleplex

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yes, downgrade. I would like to know what spring I should put in my Steyr SSG 69 (yes I know its reputation but I like the gun =D) so that it fires at the sites new requirement for 350 fps on 0.2g. its currently in the 420 - 440 fps range. I want to use it still, so I want to get another spring so that I can use the low power one at this site, then put the normal spring in for other sites.

Anyone who can help me, with this would be much appreciated.

• Supporters

m100 or m105

you probably got a m130 or 135 in there atm

go with m100 just in case if your site is strict on chrono @ 350 max

m100 outputs 328fps aprox - 100metres per second hence the m100 rating

I say aprox coz springs vary and not uncommon for them to produce a touch over this

plus a gun with great seals/ratio/good hop will be more efficient that one that is worn or crap

• Supporters

cheers for that - thought it was a aeg or something else - doh my bad inexperience

according to these guys.....

http://www.airsoftsniperparts.com/identifyyourrifle.htm

ASG Steyr SSG 69 P2
Very much a starter rifle. No dedicated upgrades are available for this rifle. Most owners tend to undertake DIY modifications to get this rifle performing. AVOID!

only thing I could find was a 500fps spring at JD Airsoft or something

think best leave it as is and just use a cheap run of the mill AEG or other more upgrade/downgrade sniper then

(suppose you could cut a few coils off but that is a bit of a bodge and ya lose ya 425 spring

maybe an aeg spring might fit/stretch it but seems a bit of trial and error)

if its all working out ok - keep it as is then & just use one of ya AEG's maybe

Can't work out why a site would state a sniper would have to be same range as AEG's

unless there ain't a MED like ya trying to use it in CQB in which case get a shotgun

but site saying snipers have to be 350 & not 450 with MED is a little odd to me

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.