Two Tone to Black

DjH4yZ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has anybody ever removed the two tone paint to turn the gun back to black? If so what chemicals and process did u use to remove the paint. Recently been ukara registered and now the two tone is bugging me lol

What gun is what parts have beeb painted and do you know what paint was used. If bought from a shop give them a bell explain you know have a defence and seek there advice on best way to remove paint. Two other options are simply spray over the two tone or if it's just the furniture replace it with new possibly better stuff.

Take the parts off, Stick them in the bath or an old tub, Spray them liberally with Fairy power spray (you can get it in tesco). Leave it to sink in for 20 minutes, then set to work with an old toothbrush/nailbrush. Repeat if necessary

It's funny cos when I used Fairy power spray on my PX4 I got the p*** ripped out of me here (The slide cracked).

Anyway, Power spray usually works, as does a soak in brake fluid although krylon can be a pig to remove. One thing you could concider is Krylon it black! When you strip paint you'll almost certainly not be able to get every last bit off, atleast if you spray it you know you'll get good coverage.

only probalem with spraying over it is itll eventually start to wear off after a few skirmishes, so looking for a more permanent option of removing it. i went to tesco and bought the fairy power spray but made the noob mistake of using citrus verison (stupid me!) so gotta go to a different store and try to find the original version lol, wish me luck :)

lmao!! thats about right haha, smells great tho!!! altho neither that or the original did absolutly nothing to help remove the paint so ive decided to just buy the parts black instead :)

lmao!! thats about right haha, smells great tho!!! altho neither that or the original did absolutly nothing to help remove the paint so ive decided to just buy the parts black instead :)

I'm really surprised to hear that. Does the paint scratch off? It if doesn't they just just be green plastic. Where did you buy it from?

i had to really scrub hard with a wire brush to get some off which then ruined the plastic underneath. its definately black plastic under blue paint

Wow. Is it from Action Hobbies? A gun I had from them was almost industrial with the two tone, no amount of white spirit would shift it lol.

Should go like this

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.