PEQ/front battery mount info

SeniorSpaz87

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hello all,

I recently purchased a really nice rifle from BigAl; a G&P/Star/Madbull M4A1 AEG. I've already done quite a bit of work on it in the 6 hours I've had it, changing the connector from Deans to mini Tamiya, changing the path the wires take from the gearbox to the connector (the way it was wired had the cable interfering with the magwell) and changing the location of the connector exit point. However, this is my first proper frontally wired gun, and as such, I am unsure how to mount the battery. As stated, I use mini Tamiya style batteries, and need to attach them by RIS rail to the front of the gun. I know a little about PEQ boxes, but afaik you need special batteries to fit them. Also, I have seen battery sling looking things, again, pic below, but they look rather cheap. Any advice is welcome; I've already spent most of my cash (check the recently bought thread), so would like to keep this as cheap as possible, without compromising quality too much.

The first pic is the kind of PEQ I would like to get, but a nicer one than that, it's just a visual example. The second seems to be a longer PEQ, and the third is the only example of a battery sling I could find on amazon.co.uk.

That first PEQ box will only fit a Lipo battery - no standard NiMH type will fit. Most Lipo batteries come with Deans connectors, or you can buy some with Mini Tamiya. The largest capacity battery I've gotten into one of those PEQs is a 7.4v 1300 mah lipo. You'd also need a new charger for Lipo batteries.

If you want to keep using the NiMH battery, you'll need a bigger PEQ box. You can get the older style PEQ2 that will work, it's more realistic than the second one you linked to: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Airsoft-Wargame-Tactical-D-Boys-Battery/dp/B00RN0KP2S as seen on the guns in Lone Survivor etc.. :)

• Supporters

That first PEQ box will only fit a Lipo battery - no standard NiMH type will fit. Most Lipo batteries come with Deans connectors, or you can buy some with Mini Tamiya. The largest capacity battery I've gotten into one of those PEQs is a 7.4v 1300 mah lipo. You'd also need a new charger for Lipo batteries.

If you want to keep using the NiMH battery, you'll need a bigger PEQ box. You can get the older style PEQ2 that will work, it's more realistic than the second one you linked to: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Airsoft-Wargame-Tactical-D-Boys-Battery/dp/B00RN0KP2S as seen on the guns in Lone Survivor etc.. :)

Alrighty, that works fine for me; as long as it will fit this battery. If not, BigAl has pointed me to a guy who makes (or at least stocks) batteries that fit my handguard, so if I need new batteries I'll go his route, but if mine can fit any PEQ box I'll get the box.

• Supporters

blimey no dimensions on that page which is weird for component shop...

However a ROUGH guide going by stick 9.6v = 8 in a line

"should" equate to an APROX

120mm x 37mm x 18mm size of nunchuck battery side by side

HOWEVER it is only a ROUGH GUIDE - YOU need to check as you have battery already

(digital calipers are brilliant tool for measuring up if crap will fit btw)

It is YOUR responsibility to check if YOUR battery will fit I'm afraid

grab a rule/tape measure and see for yourself - don't go by what I say or anybody else

as your battery may be a little different and spec/sizes are only ever to be taken as a guide anyway

failing all that if you really can't wait to use it - Duct tape is your new best friend

yeah it's a bodge but loads of peeps just say wtf and fix all sorts of stuff to their guns

actually electricians tape is slightly better as it leaves less sticky residue when removed

forget sticking it on with just bit of tape - wrap a whole turn of tape on it and back again

(tape to tape or overlapping tape sticks like $hit to a blanket - trust me it does stick well)

don't need to go nutz - just tape 2 or 3 rings on there as long as they overlap - say 1.5/2 turns it will hold good

• Supporters

Ok, yea, tape is usually good; I have camo duct tape I could use if necessary. My 9.6v batteries could fit in a 12x4x2 internally sized box, however, I'm also gonna give BigAl's guy a ring and ask him about the handguard batteries, as it's a Madbull TRX rail with a keymod system, so I don't currently have any rails for it...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.