UKARA License Trouble

LogieBear

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I need to get a UKARA license, as I don't like the look of two tone guns. Thing is, I am under 18, and neither of my parents go airsofting (my dad has a bad knee and my mum isn't interested in being shot at for a few hours). Is there any way for ME to have gone airsofting, and still have that down on the UKARA form?

• Supporters

Get an 18+ mate to go for you :). Or just wait a bit, that's what I had to do.

• Supporters

if ya got a great uncle "dude" kind of relative....

Maybe ya mum/dad has a brother that never really grew up & settled down and is up for a laugh

he can get ukara & he can then purchase stuff

Other than that - ergh no I'm afraid

soz but they are the guidelines retailers have to abide by

especially when it comes to selling RIF's (non 2-tone guns)

2 tone is fine btw, in fact there is a bit of fun shooting a pro with a cheaper 2 tone gun

yup you might not blend in well in woodland sites but that orange could be "disguised" shall we say

CQB sites it matters very little what colour ya gun is

some places's 2-tone is a little more subtle than others.....

some use less vivid blue or less bright green when they 2-tone plus you can - ahem disguise this if you chose to

(this is against the VCRA so you/parents would be breaking the law especially with no defense - FACT !!!!!!)

I'm pointing the above bit it to clarify that neither me or this forum are saying it will be fine & legal to proceed with it

IT DOES STILL BREAK THE LAW if you are are u18 without a defense to paint a gun from Imitation Firearm to a Realistic IF

(u18 still can't buy even a 2-tone gun so your parents have to agree to buy & "gift" it you but they can't buy a RIF without defense)

Your parents can buy a 2-tone gun but not a RIF - that is just the way it is

(think airsoft is still banned in Australia & US players are trying to fight a bill to change all AEG's to orange after recent shootings with airsoft guns)

So it may not be ideal but it could be a LOT worse

And finally don't think anybody will sell you one either as the seller/retailer would breaking the law and would have their own membership revoked on top of any legal proceedings against them

Think that should answer your question

Heh heh heh UKARA licence... Need myself one of those!

If I get a ukara licence, does that mean i can drive Mykara around at last ?? Lol

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.