VFC HK417 gbb venting its gas?!

Steviewev23

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I hope I've put this in the right section, my vfc hk417 gbb arrived today however upon testing it, it fires 2 or 3 rounds but then vents all the gas that's in the mag out of the barrel? What can cause this and is it a fault with the gun?

I'm new to gbb's so unsure if it's something I've done wrong?

Steve

• Supporters

Was it (either the temperature of the room/outside or the gas or the mag) cold? Most common error is this. Try warming both the gas and mag (NOT ON A STOVE) by holding it under your armpit or something for 10-15 min, then try again. This happens to my G&G CM16 Raider a lot as well, and it's always been because it was cold.

If its brand new did you lube up the bolt? If the bolt cant move it wont reset the trigger.

Otherwise, low or cold gas can fail to trip the valve in the bolt and/or push it all the way back

What gas? I get that exact issue if I use 144, Green gas works much better.

^^^ This. Try green gas / propane, will probably sort it straight away. And check the bolt moves smoothely and is lubed ok.

I was using abbey predator ultra gas, I think it may be a lubrication issue. What grease would you guys suggest? I've got some grease called plastilube from work which we use to stop brake squeal on brake pads will that be ok or too heavy to use?

Steve

It's called Teroson VR500, blurb from website;

TEROSON VR 500

Lubricant - synthetic grease. General purpose. Ideal for heavy-duty applications. Excellent for use in central lubrication systems. O.E.M. specified.

I was using abbey predator ultra gas, I think it may be a lubrication issue. What grease would you guys suggest? I've got some grease called plastilube from work which we use to stop brake squeal on brake pads will that be ok or too heavy to use?

Steve

That'd have the same issue mate, It's a gas inbetween 144 and green. Here's a test, if you you it indoors, how does it work? If it's fine in a warm environment then it's the gas.

• Supporters

don't use that lube, you want something really light for airsoft guns, abbey gunlube SM50 or froglube CLP are my recommendations... less is more!

As for gas, with a bolt the size of the one in the VFC 417 you're gonna need something with a bit of grunt, abbey predator won't cut it, try propane or nuprol 2.0 / 3.0.

I was firing indoors, I plan on going down the propane route anyways but only used the predator gas to test it as I borrowed some of a mate.

Cheers jcheeseright I thought it may have been too heavy for it so I'll order some gun lube.

Thanks guys for your help!

Have you seen the airsoft innovation oil pump for propane? Dead easy to use.

As for the silicone oil, as long as its really light weight (AI use 1.5 wt, so that the sili is easily dissolved) you should be fine

• Supporters

SM50 lube is for direct application to the working parts of the gun, don't try and mix it in with your gas!

If you want to 'lube' your propane (I don't bother) then the adapter should come with a little bottle of super lightweight silicone oil that you put a couple of drops of in the propane nozzle.

Thanks guys, I've ordered some SM50, Coleman propane x2 and airsoft innovations adapter.

Aaaaand maybe a Harris folding bipod, BSA deerstalker, angry gun mod 0 sling mount and 3 extra mags.....but don't tell the wife haha!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.