Help finding magazines for CM16 Raider

Danjw

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm new into Airsoft and come over from paintballing and I've just got a CM16 Raider G&G and I'm looking for some Hi-Cap magazines as I know you only get 1 mag with it. I've been looking everywhere for some and can't seem to find any at a decent price, I've been told you can get sets of 5 for around £40 but everywhere seems to out of stock or not listed. Can someone point me in the right direction please and help me out.

Much Appreciated.

Thanks.

Box of 5 450 rd G&G hi-cap mags is usually about £100, can get them from Zero One http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=272&products_id=9158

Most people would only carry 2-3 hi-cap mags per game as thats plenty of ammo (so maybe just buy a couple individually for about £30-40).

Many prefer to use mid-cap magazines as although they only have 1/3-1/2 of the capacity you don't have to wind them. Mid-Caps are more commonly sold in boxes of 5 or more, and can cost about £50. Perhaps this is what whoever told you meant.

Box of 5 450 rd G&G hi-cap mags is usually about £100, can get them from Zero One http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=272&products_id=9158

Most people would only carry 2-3 hi-cap mags per game as thats plenty of ammo (so maybe just buy a couple individually for about £30-40).

Many prefer to use mid-cap magazines as although they only have 1/3-1/2 of the capacity you don't have to wind them. Mid-Caps are more commonly sold in boxes of 5 or more, and can cost about £50. Perhaps this is what whoever told you meant.

Ye I found some for £73. I didn't get told what cap there were, from research I have seen that hi cap range are better and more reliable. Is that true?

Ye I found some for £73. I didn't get told what cap there were, from research I have seen that hi cap range are better and more reliable. Is that true?

I think it is, heard bad things about G&Gs mid caps, but nothing bad about the hi-caps.

If you wanted mid caps I'd go for MAG ones and you can buy a pack of eight for about £40 shipped from eHobby Asia (but would take 2-3 weeks maybe a month to arrive from HK though)http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/mag-130rd-magazine-for-m4-m16-aeg-black-8pcs.html#.VO3cDPmsWPs

That's like a thousand rounds + no winding or rattling.

The only thing that you could judge a magazine 'unrealiable' on is if it fails to feed a BB into the gun. As hi-caps require continual winding, most people would consider mid-caps more reliable as they require no winding.

The difference between the two is;

Hi-Caps have a chamber to hold BB's, and then a mechanism (winding) that draws these BB's into a tube with a spring it it. So you open the flap, poor in BB's and wind the mag to draw them into the spring.

Mid-Caps dont have the chamber, just the tube with the spring. You use a loader to push bb's in from the top until the spring is fully compressed.

Some magazines fail to feed the last few BB's and some might consider this 'unrealiable', Different manufacturers can be deemed more or less reliable, but i've not noticed a particular difference between any of them. I've not noticed any difference other than having to wind or not between mid and high caps. An M4 mag is pretty much an M4 mag regardless of who makes it.

Do NOT buy the G&G midcaps, they don't feed in G&G guns. I am not sure what they do feed in (haven't found a gun they actually fit yet) but its not their own guns, they are simply faulty. I use MAG plastic mid caps in my G&G and S&T gun and those have been great, they feed everytime and they seem robust enough.

For hi caps I actually found a lonex flash mag clone from these guys (http://uk-airsoft.co.uk/collections/magazines/products/m4-m16-black-380rd-flash-magazine) has been by far the best hi cap I have ever had.

I might use 6 mid caps for a game or 2 hi caps. I rarely need more than that in terms of ammo.

Very good price these! I'm going to get these and sell half of them as I will only want 5 unless my friends rifle that he is getting (New player as well) will also fit these.

Thanks for the help.

• 1 month later...

I would buy 2 lonex flash mags, these wind by pulling a wire in the mag base which is infinitely faster than farting around with a silly wheel(pity you can't get flash mags for mp5's).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.